WooshBuild Wooshbuild Infinity Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any simple mistakes I could be making guys? I've even tried on my other box just to try it and that won't install either...

Menu -> setup -> system -> logs settings - enable debug log
Each time you restart your box a new log file is created. They are stored in /hoom/root/logs

Install Notepad++ and view the logs using that. Notepad isn't enough.

Ok, I get the following in the debug log when it hangs

23:46:55.3038 { } Plugins/Extensions/wbconfig/plugin.py:46 autostart ok
23:46:55.3053 [ ] bsod.cpp:305 oops PC: 00000000
23:46:55.3054 [ ] bsod.cpp:311 oops 00000000 00000001 76879be0 00000000
23:46:55.3055 [ ] bsod.cpp:311 oops 73a1c388 00000000 75cbb370 00000000
23:46:55.3055 [ ] bsod.cpp:311 oops 00000001 00000001 00000000 75b73890
23:46:55.3056 [ ] bsod.cpp:311 oops 73d85850 75b792e0 73d85970 cf33b058
23:46:55.3057 [ ] bsod.cpp:311 oops 73a1c358 73a00470 0069f310 0069f538
23:46:55.3057 [ ] bsod.cpp:311 oops 00780000 00000000 00200000 00001000
23:46:55.3058 [ ] bsod.cpp:311 oops 0000001c 00000000 00000000 00000000
23:46:55.3059 [ ] bsod.cpp:311 oops 76881660 73d85b58 73d85e78 76858ee0
23:46:55.3194 [ ] bsod.cpp:328 print_backtrace Backtrace:
23:46:55.3199 [ ] bsod.cpp:336 print_backtrace /usr/bin/enigma2(_Z17handleFatalSignaliP9siginfo_tPv) [0x476FB8]
23:46:55.3200 [ ] bsod.cpp:348 handleFatalSignal -------FATAL SIGNAL
23:46:55.3658 { } mytest.py:564 runScreenTest [(100, <class 'Screens.InfoBar.InfoBar'>)]
23:46:55.3734 { } skin.py:1351 readSkin [SKIN] processing screen Screensaver:
23:46:55.4244 { } skin.py:1109 readSkin [SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'HideVBILine'>
23:46:55.4258 { } skin.py:1351 readSkin [SKIN] processing screen <embedded-in-'HideVBILine'>:
23:46:55.4274 { } Screens/Screen.py:151 show [SCREENNAME] HideVBILine

In log when it does boot, I get the following at the same stage (truncated)

23:49:49.1031 { } Plugins/Extensions/wbconfig/plugin.py:46 autostart ok
23:49:49.1258 [ ] gdi/grc.cpp:211 thread [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
23:49:49.1636 { } mytest.py:564 runScreenTest [(100, <class 'Screens.InfoBar.InfoBar'>)]
23:49:49.1705 { } skin.py:1351 readSkin [SKIN] processing screen Screensaver:
23:49:49.2232 { } skin.py:1109 readSkin [SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'HideVBILine'>
23:49:49.2246 { } skin.py:1351 readSkin [SKIN] processing screen <embedded-in-'HideVBILine'>:
23:49:49.2261 { } Screens/Screen.py:151 show [SCREENNAME] HideVBILine
23:49:49.2294 { } skin.py:1351 readSkin [SKIN] processing screen SecondInfoBar:
23:49:49.4603 { W } Components/GUISkin.py:35 createGUIScreen warning, skin is missing element key_yellow in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>
23:49:49.4611 { W } Components/GUISkin.py:35 createGUIScreen warning, skin is missing element key_blue in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>
23:49:49.4649 { W } Components/GUISkin.py:35 createGUIScreen warning, skin is missing element FullDescription in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>
23:49:49.4662 { W } Components/GUISkin.py:35 createGUIScreen warning, skin is missing element epg_description in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>
23:49:49.4670 { W } Components/GUISkin.py:35 createGUIScreen warning, skin is missing element key_green in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>
23:49:49.4678 { W } Components/GUISkin.py:35 createGUIScreen warning, skin is missing element key_red in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>
23:49:49.4685 { W } Components/GUISkin.py:35 createGUIScreen warning, skin is missing element channel in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>
23:49:49.5707 { } skin.py:1351 readSkin [SKIN] processing screen ChannelSelection:

Continues on, etc etc

Any simple mistakes I could be making guys? I've even tried on my other box just to try it and that won't install either...
If you can't get it to install on both boxes you need to follow the instructions more closely.

What boxes do you have and what part can't you do?

How often does it hang? Makido has the same box but has never experienced it. Does it happen even with a gui restart?

How often does it hang? Makido has the same box but has never experienced it. Does it happen even with a gui restart?

If i switch it off all together, it's averaging 3 power on cycles before it actually comes back up, it never hangs after a system/gui restart or a restart after sw update (all soft restarts)

I think it is network related then and the box is trying to connect to check the latest version number for WooshBuild before the network has sorted your box. When you do a gui restart the network connection is already established which is why it never happens.

How long have you left it before turning it back off / on again? I wonder if it will get past it with time and boot up.

I think it is network related then and the box is trying to connect to check the latest version number for WooshBuild before the network has sorted your box. When you do a gui restart the network connection is already established which is why it never happens.

How long have you left it before turning it back off / on again? I wonder if it will get past it with time and boot up.

I'm sure it just sits there for hours as "she" was using another tv one day and said it had been like that all day,

the box never did this previously (last 8months on v7), I know i've changed over to Infinity a few months ago but its all the same s/w underneath ....

If you can't get it to install on both boxes you need to follow the instructions more closely.

What boxes do you have and what part can't you do?

Tried on a Zgemma I55 and a HS2, i've installed previously no problem on both but it won't get past: Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-wbi-easy-setup , when starting the install progress via telnet, only way I got it to do anything was to zip the setup.ipk to tmp but even that is receving loads of errors when it's trying to download plugins, i've even tried via a VPN in case it is my ISP stopping me connecting to the server but no luck still, weird :(

I know i've changed over to Infinity a few months ago but its all the same s/w underneath ....
Exactly right and not many people realise that to be honest so hats off to you for not blaming me lol.

Remove the WB Config plugin for me please and see how that goes. This is something that actually has changed in Infinity and removing it will either point to that being your problem, which means I need to look at why, or it will rule it out.

Tried on a Zgemma I55 and a HS2, i've installed previously no problem on both but it won't get past: Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-wbi-easy-setup , when starting the install progress via telnet, only way I got it to do anything was to zip the setup.ipk to tmp but even that is receving loads of errors when it's trying to download plugins, i've even tried via a VPN in case it is my ISP stopping me connecting to the server but no luck still, weird :(
I presume your box is connected to the internet before you start?

Can you send a screen shot of the errors you get when running the setup.ipk manually please.

I presume your box is connected to the internet before you start?

Can you send a screen shot of the errors you get when running the setup.ipk manually please.

Yes of course, even i'm not that silly! I'm just reflashing OpenATV again and then will screenshot if hitting the same problem, thanks for your help

Exactly right and not many people realise that to be honest so hats off to you for not blaming me lol.

Remove the WB Config plugin for me please and see how that goes. This is something that actually has changed in Infinity and removing it will either point to that being your problem, which means I need to look at why, or it will rule it out.

removed wb config, powered on/off 3 times without any hangs (so far), seems to fly through boot up process now < 30 secs, will see how it goes next few days, thanks again

wooshman ive got the infinity on my h2h and I used open atv 6.2 but Ive had it on now for a few weeks but every now and again my box freezes on a channel and I cant turn over or ewt I have to turn box off and back on from back of box been putting it down to the heat also when I press arrow down and scroll channels it sticks and I have to wait about 10 seconds before I can carry on scrolling to the channel do you think it could be the 6.2 beta image or not im thinking of starting again using 6.1 or have you any other ideas thanks again

Yes of course, even i'm not that silly! I'm just reflashing OpenATV again and then will screenshot if hitting the same problem, thanks for your help
It isn't a case of you being silly, or me calling you silly, but is normally a case of frustration can cause mistakes. I have been close to smashing boxes before now and normally down to be getting more and more wound up when something that worked 1 hour previous no longer does. When I look round the back the network cable isn't in, the HDMI lead isn't quite pushed in enough and so on.

wooshman ive got the infinity on my h2h and I used open atv 6.2 but Ive had it on now for a few weeks but every now and again my box freezes on a channel and I cant turn over or ewt I have to turn box off and back on from back of box been putting it down to the heat also when I press arrow down and scroll channels it sticks and I have to wait about 10 seconds before I can carry on scrolling to the channel do you think it could be the 6.2 beta image or not im thinking of starting again using 6.1 or have you any other ideas thanks again
It could be the heat causing it but hard to tell really. If you look on the info page you can see the system temp I think (not checked so don't hold me to that)

If you go for 6.1 it will rule out 6.2 if it still does it. But you may also find that a newer 6.2 will fix it (if it isn't heat)

Good morning wooshman!

I am new to asking questions on this forum, but it seems you are very help full so hoping to pick your brains :-)

I bought a zgemma h.2h a few years back for my cable, I only use tuber b, all set up running an alien head sumensee image, vix. As we know these audio issues, soundloss came in last year, but as a non tech, I've put up with watching sd as i do not which image to try to install to correct the problem... I use the box for general viewing and iptv movies, it has a kiddac skin running. Will the build I am reading of yours be suitable to correct my issues? and will a man of basic box knowledge be able to install it!?

Thanks for your time.

Jimbo.

Good morning wooshman!

I am new to asking questions on this forum, but it seems you are very help full so hoping to pick your brains :)

I bought a zgemma h.2h a few years back for my cable, I only use tuber b, all set up running an alien head sumensee image, vix. As we know these audio issues, soundloss came in last year, but as a non tech, I've put up with watching sd as i do not which image to try to install to correct the problem... I use the box for general viewing and iptv movies, it has a kiddac skin running. Will the build I am reading of yours be suitable to correct my issues? and will a man of basic box knowledge be able to install it!?

Thanks for your time.

Jimbo.
Hi

Yes it will solve your problems. When you flash your box with openATV you will get the latest version. Then when plugins are installed, you get the latest versions available so all fixes have been done.

You will find that a few buttons and the layout of menus etc is very different to what you are used to as WooshBuild uses openATV and not Vix. If you want to stick to what you know then you could use WilloBuild which uses vix for the zgemma boxes and can be found in the downloads section.

For WooshBuild Infinity it is mainly a case of following the instructions and looking at the screen shots and you will do it easily. All of the information you need is there for you.

Hi, Stuck on open atv 6.1 and went through wooshbuild install. All seems to be working but one thing is driving me crazy. You can see the list of multiple bouquets anymore. it just lists the one you are currently on. I've attached and image that is like the old way that it used to look with multiple bouquets that you can scroll through. The new skins seem to be just a single bouquet. I've tried a few others but none show multiple. Hope this makes sense.
Attached it the old look (which was cool!)
OldMultipleBouquet.jpg
And here is the new single bouquet list.
NewSingleBouquet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back