XLMTV fix for V6/V8

Does this update the original file to allow the automatic update to work without having to go on internet frequently ?
thanks for your posts!!

Does this update the original file to allow the automatic update to work without having to go on internet frequently ?
thanks for your posts!!
My thoughts exactly!! i have the latest firmware dated 12.10.15 so I'm wondering is this fix already included in mine and it's still not working??

good evening, please help,
I have tried to update my xmltv epg on my v8s as I do on a regular basis, this time I get the message 'channel download failed', does anyone have any idea what I need to do.
thanks, ian

good evening, please help,
I have tried to update my xmltv epg on my v8s as I do on a regular basis, this time I get the message 'channel download failed', does anyone have any idea what I need to do.
thanks, ian

Try removing your usb or hard drive (safely), wipe it and reformat and try downloading again

Thank you for you suggestion daniogroove. I hesitated doing that as I didn't want to lose all the programmes I had recorded to the hard drive, but after saving the programmes to my computer, I did as you suggested and hey presto all working again, put my programmes back on my HD and all good. Thank you

reaper any idea on this one !! ive just bought a new openboxv6 off the internet and itscome with no channels on ive tried downloading new channel list and firm ware but nothing the channel list has come upbut with no signal or scrambeled ??? anyone information wouldbe thanked

---------- Post Merged at 07:52 PM ----------

reaper any idea on this one !! ive just bought a new openboxv6 off the internet and itscome with no channels on ive tried downloading new channel list and firm ware but nothing the channel list has come upbut with no signal or scrambeled ??? anyone information wouldbe thanked

The V6 is a horrible little box but still a versatile toy ----last firmware download was last september which when downloaded from either www,skybox.cc or Downloads will allow you to then download and install updates via network upgrade. The box should have come as plug and play[fta only] if bought from a reputable supplier.
Go to menu--tools --info and check date of firmware installed----should be sept 2015 or later if network upgraded----now go to network settings---network upgrade and connect to network server, you should now see latest upgrades for your box, both firmware and channel lists.
After downloading/installing latest if you still have problems then check all connections plus dish alignment---if no joy then contact the seller and get it sorted with him.[don't trust e-bay]
Reaper.

hey all, have opnbox v8s and usb, tried downloading the xml epg, worked for few mins now black again... any help for me i would really appreciate.. not very techie.. i emailed the guy i bought line off and he said not to download anything onto the box as it would 'brick' it.. not sure what he meant,.. any help setting it up tks

He's talking total crap-------just make sure you use a fat32 formatted usb key to download xmltv and leave the key in when finished or wonder of wonderslol it won't work.
Reaper.

tks, when i go to format it says xfat(default) or ntns.. does that mean i have the wrong usb stick... ahhhhhh..

---------- Post Merged at 07:02 PM ----------

sorry me again when i go into properties it says file system fat 32.. excuse my tech ignorance haha.. and can i download a epg from this site?

thanks so much, but when i go to skybox. cc my computer antivirus is saying virus.. ahh... lol..
and now i put the usb back in and epg is working but time is wrong again..

thanks going to give it a go now.

---------- Post Merged at 10:04 PM ----------

won't let me download the .abs file as i don't have privileges yet please help!

Nice one cheers, worked for me....

---------- Post Merged at 06:16 PM ----------

Cheers for the link......I've been having the same issue too..

Back