XLMTV fix for V6/V8

ty reaper working fine on my v8s

what it done for me was when i now get the epg up its at current time instead of starting at 1am

Does anyone know if xmltv EPG as stopped working no info on box and when I try to update it says channel decompress failed please check disk free vol? I have space on my stick it's a 16 GB and it's only used about 2 GB anyone got any ideas.

Updated my XMLTV epg this week and have noticed this problem with the program showing an hour ahead of the time it should.

Time is correct and any changes to summertime setting etc just changes the clock time rather than the EPG.

Is this a current problem or any ideas?

i have openbox V8s box

thanks in advance guys

good afternoon,

I have recently attempted to update the epg on my v8, where normally it would download and work fine, on this occasion I got the message ' channel download failed'.

I formatted my hard drive, downloaded and installed the file on page 1 of this thread, tried to update the epg again and got the same message.

Also the time is out by an hour and a bit.

Could anyone offer some advise please.

many thanks, ian

UPDATE - 27-05-2016

Update as promised

GOOD BITS
Reflashed the box last night and all went well. Rebooted OK. Reformatted the USB key (FAT32) and reinserted. Downloaded the XMLTV EPG and that process went smoothly. Rebooted. All OK.

NOT GOOD BITS
I have reached the conclusion (like many of you) that the XMLTV guide itself is the achilles heel in this process. Having now tried 6 different firmwares and multiple settings of BST and/or time offset on the box itself, nothing appears to make the TV listing times in the guide align with the correct time. The guide always shows times at +1 hour. I also see that many channels have no program listings at all (CH5, Sky Living etc).

It's such a shame that this box (which has performed faultlessly to date) is being let down by such a flaky EPG when there are other EPG's available (I have several on my Kodi install that work flawlessly)

Anyhoo, just thought I would offer some feedback rather than be seen as yet another 'hit & run' poster.

CJ

Hi, Im new on here and just want to say thanks for the help and advice. Its great to have found somewhere to learn and get my head around doing things. Hopefully after owning an openbox for over a year,the epg will finally be useful and Ill be able to record stuff.

UPDATE - 27-05-2016

Update as promised

GOOD BITS
Reflashed the box last night and all went well. Rebooted OK. Reformatted the USB key (FAT32) and reinserted. Downloaded the XMLTV EPG and that process went smoothly. Rebooted. All OK.

NOT GOOD BITS
I have reached the conclusion (like many of you) that the XMLTV guide itself is the achilles heel in this process. Having now tried 6 different firmwares and multiple settings of BST and/or time offset on the box itself, nothing appears to make the TV listing times in the guide align with the correct time. The guide always shows times at +1 hour. I also see that many channels have no program listings at all (CH5, Sky Living etc).

It's such a shame that this box (which has performed faultlessly to date) is being let down by such a flaky EPG when there are other EPG's available (I have several on my Kodi install that work flawlessly)

Anyhoo, just thought I would offer some feedback rather than be seen as yet another 'hit & run' poster.

CJ

Come to the same conclusion, googling for EPG fix brings me here, but it's kind of pointless if it only works for 6 months out of the year.
Seems the problem is with the actual EPG file, imagine it is XML or something.
I've been wondering if there would be a way of modifying the place the EPG is pulled from, and then we could modify the times on the program guide to add an hour.
Any ideas?

Hi all, tried the 'fix' on 2 different openboxes. Downloaded the XMLTV EPG and the result was exactly the same. Both boxes show the EPG guide at + 1 hour. I can only assume it's the XMLTV software and where it's generated.

V

Yep, as has been previously posted its a great idea but it just seems to be all over the place. Less hassle just spend an extra £30-£40 notes and get an auto update box.

Back