XLMTV fix for V6/V8

Anyway to remove adult channels from the epg when its set to auto update via xmltv

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

trying to download but need a post count of 1

---------- Post Merged at 09:35 AM ----------

trying to download but need a post count of 1

Hi, I am waiting to download the XMLTV fix for Openbox V8S. As I am new I need to post to get access. Rather than post a meaningless message I'd thought I would mention some observations. In response to the XMLTV EPG not working I upgraded the image over network on reboot I found that the EPG would work. On reboot however it returned to the 1903 date problem. As no one seems to have mentioned this I wonder if this points to a different problem or sheds some further light on the issue. Hopefully I can now download the fix file.

Reaper,
your fix has worked great on my V8s for a while now, but yesterday when trying to update EPG it failed and it has failed on all 4 boxes. Any idea.

hi, had the same problem yesterday, switched on earlier and all working fine, give a try from a full reboot.

Hi all,

Has there been a recent change in the file as I have 2 V8's that downloaded the EPG fine previously but, as of yesterday both are failing with the 'check disk volume' message. This is using the same old USB stick(s) that have been formatted using the box and are recognised ok?

---------- Post Merged at 04:04 PM ----------

Ignore my previous post ^ as it would appear that things are back to normal now :)

I have a question. When I apply the fix file all is well. Sometimes I can turn the OpenBox V8S off for days and the EPG comes on fine. Other times I turn on the Box and it's 1903 again! Is this a normal occurrence or do some of you find that it works as a permanent fix? Could there be something I am doing wrong? I have followed Reaper's instruction to the letter as far as I am concerned. I can live with this if i need to but it would be nice to have a Box I could turn on and rely on an omnipresent EPG. Thanks for your time in reading this.

Back