Zgemma H7

ok thanks Chris
I would definetly give the new H7S a fair shake, it's a pretty decent stable box for the price. I've been running the newer ATV 6.1 firmware with no issues for quite awhile, and just upgraded to the brand new ATV 6.2 firmware recently without problems. [emoji5] Compared to the H2 especially and H5, the H7S is far ahead of those early boxes. It should do everything you need, the H7S even has a built in tray to install a HDD or SSD inside the box! The cables are included! [emoji5] So you can take the cover off the box without voiding the warranty to take a peek inside and install a HDD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I would definetly give the new H7S a fair shake, it's a pretty decent stable box for the price. I've been running the newer ATV 6.1 firmware with no issues for quite awhile, and just upgraded to the brand new ATV 6.2 firmware recently without problems. [emoji5] Compared to the H2 especially and H5, the H7S is far ahead of those early boxes. It should do everything you need, the H7S even has a built in tray to install a HDD or SSD inside the box! The cables are included! [emoji5] So you can take the cover off the box without voiding the warranty to take a peek inside and install a HDD.

am going to get one in the next few months Chris , yes seen that about the hdd/ssd
on youtube bud , just wonder if plugins can be installed on hdd/ssd instead of on the box

am going to get one in the next few months Chris , yes seen that about the hdd/ssd
on youtube bud , just wonder if plugins can be installed on hdd/ssd instead of on the box
No, the Plugins can only install in the box memory, not the HDD, it doesn't give you any other option. The only downside is the box gives you 1GB of Memory for Plugins, where it could always be more than that. So I wanted to make sure I only had the most vital plugins I needed, and uninstalled the rest. If your like me, I'm sure you will have enough space to run Kodi with 1GB, since you don't use many Plugins. You can always make backups and image backups of your box with plugins on your HDD. Correction on the CPU, it's actually a dual core running at 1.7Ghz. [emoji5]

No, the Plugins can only install in the box memory, not the HDD, it doesn't give you any other option. The only downside is the box gives you 1GB of Memory for Plugins, where it could always be more than that. So I wanted to make sure I only had the most vital plugins I needed, and uninstalled the rest. If your like me, I'm sure you will have enough space to run Kodi with 1GB, since you don't use many Plugins. You can always make backups and image backups of your box with plugins on your HDD. Correction on the CPU, it's actually a dual core running at 1.7Ghz. [emoji5]

ah ok many thanks bud , looking forward to getting it

ah ok many thanks bud , looking forward to getting it
I know I was when I first heard about it![emoji5] I never had or heard of Enigma 2 before getting this box. In the US, we still get all the old leftover factory set Ali Chipset boxes from China and Korea. Anything related to Enigma or Enigma 2 is still a luxury rarity over here. I'm probably still one of the very few handful of people in the US to have this box, and it's vastly superior to anything I've bought before. Even outdoes the Linkbox 9000i from Korea, which I thought was a half decent box several years ago. [emoji5]

Sorry double post, I share the internal drive in the h7 with the h5.2tc, with out problems and when setting up that drive I have seen my mac on the network, haven’t tried it myself but worth a look

Im using ATV 6.1 with a 7C
I mounted my shared drives using fstab method and experienced box hangs (spinning circle) and crashes with logmnagers 3:30am tidy up. This was due to the box/image looking for the mount after it timed out or was disconnected genuinely.
To get around this I mounted using autofs (mount when required). This has totally stabilised the image

Last edited:
I've read the comments above and have jumped for H7S.. tried a couple of images - OpenAtv 6.1 (installed on arrival) and been dabbling with Wooshbuild. Grogbuild looks interesting too (but lists H7C support only??).
I've a long standing positioner setup (covering sats 30W-30E) on my VU+ Solo. H7S for £130 appears to be a great option and already have two sats decoding using Oscam.
I tried a cable line but cannot for the life of me get things to clear.. My test provider is telling me Mgcamd only... tried the cccam to oscam conversion route but no joy. Woosh's clever usb line importer doesn't sort either..
Any suggestions, image recommendations or experience setting up similar would be much appreciated??

I've read the comments above and have jumped for H7S.. tried a couple of images - OpenAtv 6.1 (installed on arrival) and been dabbling with Wooshbuild. Grogbuild looks interesting too (but lists H7C support only??).
I've a long standing positioner setup (covering sats 30W-30E) on my VU+ Solo. H7S for £130 appears to be a great option and already have two sats decoding using Oscam.
I tried a cable line but cannot for the life of me get things to clear.. My test provider is telling me Mgcamd only... tried the cccam to oscam conversion route but no joy. Woosh's clever usb line importer doesn't sort either..
Any suggestions, image recommendations or experience setting up similar would be much appreciated??

I would say grogbuild for cable setup. Have you setup the tuners and abm correctly?

For raw images I would go with openatv 6.1 or openpli 6.1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grogbuild for the H7C will flash in the H7S but you would need to change tuner settings but as I don't have an H7C now it hasn't been updated for a couple of months.

If your test provider only provides mgcamd then you need another provider as mgcamd is not available on Arm based boxes which the H7 is. Wooshbuld should have oscam installed I believe, check in the softcam manager (menu -> InfoPanel -> softcam panel) to see if it comes up as an option, if not press the exit button until you are back on tv screen and then press the green button twice to take you to the downloadable plugins list, select softcams and then select oscam from the list. Once installed, exit back to tv picture and then check softcam manager and it should appear as an option.

You can add mgcamd setups to oscam server file
someone said a while ago that some providers don't accept oscam connections, don't know why but I know the server detect it, ie you can see 'newcamd (OSCam)' on the server panel.

Back