Zgemma H7

Right now, I'm just trying to find a retailer in the UK that can sell and ship me a H7S box to the US, so I can try it out. I'm sure it will work fine after I get the proper power adapter for it. I may have to manually enter in the U.S. Satellite locations into the reciever, but no big deal. The H7S gets the new S2X signals, and that's the part I want the most!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Hi.
What DVB-S2x signals are currently available in the United States? How will you find these signals without blindscan for DVB-S/S2?
The new H7 looks to be a nice receiver, and I expect to have one soon. But it is not going to work in the United States or Canada like you think it will. No Dealers in the United States really want to stock the H7 because it has no blindscan. You may Google search "Zgemma H5.AC" for a North American site that is familiar with Zgemma and other enigma 2 receivers. EB

Hi.
What DVB-S2x signals are currently available in the United States? How will you find these signals without blindscan for DVB-S/S2?
The new H7 looks to be a nice receiver, and I expect to have one soon. But it is not going to work in the United States or Canada like you think it will. No Dealers in the United States really want to stock the H7 because it has no blindscan. You may Google search "Zgemma H5.AC" for a North American site that is familiar with Zgemma and other enigma 2 receivers. EB
Your profile indicates you live in Atlanta, Georgia, correct? So why would you want a Zgemma H7 receiver when you just said that they won't work or sell here in the U.S. or do a Blind Scan??? That would make no sense. You might soon meet many people experienced with the Zgemma Reciever on this forum that can prove that the Zgemma does in fact do Blind Scan; it's just called a different name. You just have to dig into the menu for it. Whatever happened to the Octogon 4008 Reciever that you posted about on a different forum?? You indicated that you received some updates regarding that the tuner is working better now, right? Anyway, if any S2X Signals are present at any time, I would like to bring them in. If you still don't belive me that the Zgemma can Blind Scan satellites, maybe someone on this thread can convince you. [emoji5]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Enigma2 receivers work fine for DVB/S/S2 in Atlanta as long as you have a way of finding channels. You can only do so much with a transponder list, but you can easily transfer channels from one enigma2 receiver that can blindscan to one that does not.

For enigma2 DVB-S/S2 blindscan to work, a binary file has to be provided by the manufacturer and installed in the receiver at /usr/bin. My Zgemma H5.AC & H3.AC does not have this blindscan bin file. Conversations with the manufacturer to provide it were not successful. The current blindscan plugin will not work without it!

I ask anyone that can blindscan DVB-S/S2 satellites with any Zgemma fta receiver to please post a video demonstrating it. I would like to see how it is done since the manufacturer seems to know nothing about it.

Same for the Octagon Sf4008. The manufacturer is clueless about the hidden DVB-S/S2 blindscan, but says DVB-S/S2 blindscan will be available at some point in the future. I would be grateful to Anyone that can demonstrate this hidden S/S2 blindscan in Octagon by posting a video of it working.

The Zgemma H7 seems to be ahead of the Octagon SF4008 in development of Kodi. The tuners in the H7 should support hardware blindscan. I hope to work with them on this, providing the same person that sent me the H5.AC & H3.AC sends me the H7. EB

I guess the blindscan plugin you are referring to is located in the feeds? Specifically in downloadable plugins, under System plugins? If that location is correct then this is a plugin I have made contributions to. As far as I know, It requires a binary file to be in usr/bin, else it will not work with internal DVB-S/S2 tuners.

I will be glad to make a video using the Octagon or any of my Zgemma receivers showing the about page and downloading this plugin. But the same video would show the plugin not returning anything for a blinscan search using internal tuners. This blindscan plugin will work to a degree on on some usb tuners for DVB-S/S2, but it will not work on my Octagon or my Zgemmas using internal tuners for DVB-S/S2.

Again, I would like to see a video of a working DVB-S/S2 blindscan solution using internal tuners for any Zgemma or the Octagon SF4008.

I have it on good authority that the H7 model sample runs have ended & the H7 is in full production, public release Friday 7th July

I only know the sample price but I have a funny feeling its going to be the same.... 200usd plus 50usd postage from china so better for most to wait as once stock hits the UK with our site sponsor postage should be far less

Back