Zgemma v's Edision OS Mini

Is zgemma loosing its grip?

• YES

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • NO

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters
I wish I'd seen this discussion sooner. Just bought a H2S loaded with vix, upgrading from a V8S. All this is new to me and starting to regret my purchase now.

All this is new to me and starting to regret my purchase now.

Don't regret your purchase as this thread is only a what do you think. You will find the old timers like the vix talk while the newer lot on a tight budget like a box which works. Ultimately they all do the same thing and look the same. I am a H2S user and am more than happy. Others are other box users and are more than happy.

Your choice is a good one, buying an Edision mini would have also been a good choice. Looking at this Edision in front of me at the moment I see very little in it. I think the H2S looks nicer to be 100% honest. Where as Kiddac doesn't care what his looks like as it is hidden away.

Don't regret your choice at all, you have a good box which has good builds made for it. It does everything you will need it to I would think.

Edited because reading it back again looked like English was my 5th language.

Last edited:
Your zgemma is a good choice, I looked at them, then decided on an edision for a couple of reasons, simple updating for my missus when I'm away working, and its very plain and inconspicuous, a bit of black tape finished it off nicely,
I certainly didn't not chose the zgemma on performance reasons.

I wish I'd seen this discussion sooner. Just bought a H2S loaded with vix, upgrading from a V8S. All this is new to me and starting to regret my purchase now.

Don't regret your choice of box, if choose the zgemma due to been unsure of installing the software then its not the wrong choice, but you can always send it back for a refund, lol. I would suggest you load Wooshbuild on the zgemma and not Vix

Steptoe I think you might be getting a bit confused, I seem to recall in a previous post from yourself you chose the edision because it will update the epg and channels, the zgemma will do exactly the same In fact all enigma 2 boxes will do that, the only reason the edision has the edge over a zgemma is when your running vix as you can safely update the actual software the box is running over the net which a zgemma running vix can't do.
Any newbies reading your posts might think a zgemma can't update the epg or channels when it works no different to a edision, that's the only reason I wanted to point this out to save any confusion not to come across like I'm being rude.

Last edited:
Is Wooshbuild based on the OpenATV image ?

I know sucmnsee and the Lincsat build are based on the modded Vix image and MTpockets on OpenAtV

You can't update the image over the net based on the Vix image, it may brick the box, only one based on OpenATV

EPG updates and Autobouquet settings are something different, they aren't effected by the image you are using.

Last edited:
Has anybody noticed if tuner is better on the Edison ?

I read on here zgemma have a weak tuner although I have never had any issues myself & wouldnt even know about this if it wasnt for others posts so I'm assuming its more the technical specification that have lead to those posts rather than people suffering as a result of a weak tuner!? I have no issues or problems with the Edision tuner either & for all I know it too may have a weak tuner but no posts to say either way so again its probably wrong of me to assume anything but Im leaning more on the techy specs suggesting weak tuners rather than people experiencing problems because of a weak tuner. My knowledge on these things is tiny so I make no claims that Im right just my own deductions.

Last edited:
No worries no1gooner, I wasn't very clear.
I work away a lot at times, so it would simply carry on regardless without needing any manual input, but, as you say, on the whole so will a zgemma.
My point was meant to be that I couldn't actually see any major performance advantage or difference between the zgemma or edision, I think a lot is simply personal preference, and the slight monetary difference.

The weak tuner has only been brought up for the H2H and it is the cable tuner which has been mentioned
I haven't seen any posts with issues on the sat side

ty for the correction bees I did mean the H2H but obviously I didnt state that, has anyone actually had a problem as a result of a weak tuner or is it weak by its specs?

Stu22 has, See post #45.

Slightly off topic but this would be something to look out for

Weak tuners can sometimes show as pixalation on channels or audio synch problems while others are fine, that's how you can tell
it's not the line, think it's something to do with not being able to perform over the full range of cable frequencies
on Amiko boxes it was always the same channels which broke up and showed a low signal strength
while the rest were ok.

Last edited:
As a recently disgruntled owner of a Zgemma H2H I'm actually going to stand up for the box. You say they suffer from a weak tuner however it was only my cable tuner that was weak, satellite wise the box was perfect. Free view was also perfect even though it uses the same tuner as the cable side of things. The box was nice and fast, I actually really liked it. The tuner issues were not a deal breaker, with some tinkering I know I could have sorted it but then I lost all sound and nothing could bring it back. I'd recommend the Zgemma, it's a great budget box, it's just a shame that my unit was faulty.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

As a recently disgruntled owner of a Zgemma H2H I'm actually going to stand up for the box. You say they suffer from a weak tuner however it was only my cable tuner that was weak, satellite wise the box was perfect. Free view was also perfect even though it uses the same tuner as the cable side of things. The box was nice and fast, I actually really liked it. The tuner issues were not a deal breaker, with some tinkering I know I could have sorted it but then I lost all sound and nothing could bring it back. I'd recommend the Zgemma, it's a great budget box, it's just a shame that my unit was faulty.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Hi mate I've just got a h2h box any tips on it regarding the cable tuner. I only use for cable TV. I've seen a lot of comments about the box having poor turners on the cable side. Cheers

I have used/setup a few H2H's & although I read about them having a weak tuner I have not experienced any issues, I would like to know IF its the specs that make the cable tuner weak or people having issues that confirm they are weak but very little info as I haven't really seen any posts other than what I assume are spec based conclusions? (I know we should never assume anything as assumption causes more problems than it cures)

My knowledge is limited & most on here understand these things way better than I do so I'm not meaning to contradicting anyone but it would be interesting to hear from our site sponsor to see how many boxes have been returned as faulty against the number of units sold to give an indication as to any inherent flaws or weaknesses.

Last edited:
I have used/setup a few H2H's & although I read about them having a weak tuner I have not experienced any issues, I would like to know IF its the specs that make the cable tuner weak or people having issues that confirm they are weak but very little info as I haven't really seen any posts other than what I assume are spec based conclusions? (I know we should never assume anything as assumption causes more problems than it cures)

My knowledge is limited & most on here understand these things way better than I do so I'm not meaning to contradicting anyone but it would be interesting to hear from our site sponsor to see how many boxes have been returned as faulty against the number of units sold to give an indication as to any inherent flaws or weaknesses.
How many people are using cheap splitters and cables ?

Back