Amiko Mini HD Combo

using Amiko Mini HD T2/C, box is set up and working well. Can anyone tell me that when I press the Group button (Red), the Favorites group is greyed out and therefore not available, how can I enable this?

Thanks bees, that's a great tutorial, wish I had it before I set up my box. Although this a tutorial for the combo, a lot of it can be used for the mini t2/c. Many thanks.

Epg

Hi guys,

my skybox f11 has finally given up the ghost tonight, and being a vm user I figured I'd have a look at the mini HD combo as I still have 3 months left on my sat line!

I've done some digging on t'internet but can't seem to find an definite answer - does the Amiko support 7 day epg? I understand it does not on sat, but no idea about cable?

I thought there might have been more about this box on youtube, but nothing particularly useful......

Cheers

CG

---------- Post Merged at 09:32 PM ----------

Oh - forgot to add in my question.....

Ideally I'd like to "send" the signal from the box to a second room. ON my now deceased skybox I could use a scart video sender, but as the mini combo doesn't have a scart output, anyone have any idea/suggestion if it's possible or how it could be done?

Cheers!

CG

I would pay a bit more if you can afford it, quiet a few people have mentioned
pixalation on some channels, suspected weak tuner on Amiko, I had this problem too.

Miraclebox is good, 7 Day EPG.

Not sure about sending a signal on cable, I assume your talking about sending it straight to a TV in another room, the usual way on sat is box with a scart is to add an RF modulator, then coax
from modulator into TV ariel socket.

I guess it would be the same on the cable side but haven't tried it.

Cheers bees, I did look at a miraclebox but can't really stretch to £149 at the moment -especially with santa wanting the contents of my wallet!

Might just get a replacement skybox and stick with current set up until theres a few more £££ in the bank!

Useful info about the amiko tuners though - what a shame, as it looks like a decent box for the price :(

Thanks for your help though!

CG

My frequency is 656.0 symbol rate 6887 I don't know what my LCN frequency scan should be Glasgow I'm in? Any help appreciated

try theses settings

Glasgow 1
Freq 7550
Symbol rate 6887
Qam 64 or 256
Lcn freq 0000

Glasgow 2 TW
Freq 6190
Symbol rate 6952
Qam 64 or 256
Lcn freq 4098

Hi guys, I see a lot of people talking about the bad tuners in the Amiko Combo. I bought one from Lavatronics about 8 months ago and it works spot on both tuners - maybe there was a bad batch floating about but we certainly can't fault all of them, and especially not at that price.

My mate has bought an Amiko Mini off eBay and has asked me to set it up. I don't know what I am doing (but he knows a lot less). So the box seems to be running on Lavatronics Vix4. A lot of the advice I have seen says select menu/internet, but when I select menu I get - Times, Information, Plugins, Setup and Standby/Restart. I can connect by FTP, but I don't know where I would then install the cline. Any ideas please?

I have got it set up working as a freeview box.

the guide to adding emu says to select menu/system/update by USB, but when I press Menu I just get the options in the above post? I'm a bit stumped as to how to progress.

Is there much difference between this box and the SE version? All I've read is that box allows streaming to android devices.

Hi guys need some help with my amiko mini combo. Had it about 2 weeks running a cable line everything's working fine the HD is brilliant just one snag I am missing comedy central HD and sly movies SciFi HD I've checked the frequency these channels come through on and its 107000khz symbol rate 6952 qam 256 however on my box with these setting the signal is up and down like a yoyo unlike all the other frequencies where it is stable at 90%+. What can I do to stabalise the signal? Thanks in advance and if anyone needs help regarding this box on other issues I'm happy to help you

im thinking of getting one of these boxes. can you get HD channels on these boxes? are they similar to the skybox f5s etc? thanks. any advice guys.

Back