Freezing problems

Just did a quick check on a couple of chans tonight. Sly News HD between 22.30 and 22.40 froze 5 times for appx 10 secs. Sly Movies Thriller HD between 22.40 and 22.50 froze 8 times for appx 10 seconds.
Clearly unacceptable

Watched same channels as you for 20 mins each and had no freezing at all so maybe a supplier issue as iv changed as had same issue before changing to someone else

I've got ITV1 HD on in the background and that is freezing for 10 seconds every now and then throughout the morning. Running OSCAM to two different providers. A couple of times the freezes have caused OSCAM to get well upset with timeouts, restart the CAM then all works again. Something somewhere is definately going on.

how often is this happening? - i've had itv hd on since about 11 30 and I've not seen anything untoward, apart from Janet-Street-Porter

how often is this happening? - i've had itv hd on since about 11 30 and I've not seen anything untoward, apart from Janet-Street-Porter

Lol, the total freeze and lock was at 12:42pm. It frooze for 5 seconds or so just now as Janet Street Porter was asking questions at 13:06, and then at 13:11, again at 13:19 but as ever, nothing in OSCAM log file to show a problem. I'm on VM if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
Just a few examples from me. This is happening on 2 of my boxes. One using Oscam and one use Mgcamd, Same line(multi room)
Not working - Itv HD. No BBC1 Hd. No Channel 4 HD.
Sky sports news constant freezing. Sky News Freezing. Discovery HD Freezing.
Have emailed supplier and awaiting reply.

Supplier has confirmed he is having issues. Awaiting fix.

Lol, the total freeze and lock was at 12:42pm. It frooze for 5 seconds or so just now as Janet Street Porter was asking questions at 13:06, and then at 13:11, again at 13:19 but as ever, nothing in OSCAM log file to show a problem. I'm on VM if that makes a difference.
Which oscam are you using? Strange question I know but I was using oscam_atv_emu, I've switched to Oscam_atv and things appear better although only switched a short while ago.

Which oscam are you using? Strange question I know but I was using oscam_atv_emu, I've switched to Oscam_atv and things appear better although only switched a short while ago.

I was using oscam_atv_emu, can certainly switch and see if that improves things.

Switched to Oscam_ATV cam and also changed the splitter to a brand new technetic one, it’s still freezing, twice now in past 10minutes, around 14:25 and 14:33. Again nothing noted in Oscam log files to indicate any network issues or timeouts.

Switched to Oscam_ATV cam and also changed the splitter to a brand new technetic one, it’s still freezing, twice now in past 10minutes, around 14:25 and 14:33. Again nothing noted in Oscam log files to indicate any network issues or timeouts.
I just watched the whole of Judge Rinder. Not sure why but I did:) but it did freeze a bit.

Seems to be back to a bit of freezing today for me, nowhere near as bad as last week, but since last friday it has been fine, until now.

Today seems a lot worse again, as bad as it was last week when this started. I've had test lines from two different providers that I found online and they also had the problem.

If it was just me I would say, time to re-cable, especially as I noticed the cover on my brown box outside was loose, but there are too many people having the issue at the moment and we can't all have the same problem all of a sudden.

Same here today one thing i noticed is signal strength and quality both down in the mid 70's for some reason and channels glitching like mad ffs :grimacing:

Yep...some channels are basically unwatchable, including some of the Movies.
I've only had the one test so far, & it was faultless. Definitely a provider issue imo.

ITV+1 is freezing every 2 or 3 mins at the moment for me. I love The Chase, well annoying. Nick HD is bad at the moment aswell.

Yep...some channels are basically unwatchable, including some of the Movies.
I've only had the one test so far, & it was faultless. Definitely a provider issue imo.
If it was one or even just two providers I would agree, but I've tried 3 or 4 providers, including my normal, now today and all had the same issue. What's the chances that all the different providers where reselling the same server? today I chose providers not from here just to make it less likely to resellers selling the same servers.

Back