Glitching / freezing.

You say your signal levels on the router are fine then say an attenuator may help so i'm confused... how would fitting an attenuator help if the levels are fine?

Would be good to see screen shots of levels from both hubs.

The one inside the house is a technetix, same as the one outside, they were both replaced recently.
I went to maplin and bought a new splitter for inside the house in case that may have been the issue, but doesn't appear to be.

don't use the maplins one, use the technetix, how long is the cable from splitter to box?
it needs to be as short as possible

You say your signal levels on the router are fine then say an attenuator may help so i'm confused... how would fitting an attenuator help if the levels are fine?

Would be good to see screen shots of levels from both hubs.

As attached.

Attachments

• Download - downstairs.PNG
    Download - downstairs.PNG
    86.2 KB · Views: 78
  • upload - downstairs.PNG
    upload - downstairs.PNG
    61.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Download - Upstairs.PNG
    Download - Upstairs.PNG
    99.9 KB · Views: 71
  • upload - upstairs.png
    upload - upstairs.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 70
don't use the maplins one, use the technetix, how long is the cable from splitter to box?
it needs to be as short as possible

From outside the house to inside it would be less than 3 foot.
We are literally a few meters from the cab at the street.

Upstairs DS power levels are quite high - only just within range (Max of +10) ... I can't see it causing your issues though.

I'm guessing it's server related - all providers might be using the same card for this bulk of channels and that's why you're having problems. If it was a signal issue, it wouldn't go off then come back on - a signal issue will cause pixelation on screen frequently like so...

maxresdefault.jpg

Upstairs DS power levels are quite high - only just within range (Max of +10) ... I can't see it causing your issues though.

I'm guessing it's server related - all providers might be using the same card for this bulk of channels and that's why you're having problems. If it was a signal issue, it wouldn't go off then come back on - a signal issue will cause pixelation on screen frequently like so...

maxresdefault.jpg

It would freeze i would very rarely get a picture break up like the above. The freeze can be from anywhere between 1 second to 30 seconds and then come back on again. I have tried multiple servers here but all appear to have the same issue.

In relation to the mg_camd cfg file, does this need edited at all, or just keep it as is? Either way I couldn't see that causing an issue.

Yeah mostly the Irish channels.
Challenge
Utv HD.
Challenge+1

There is probably others. But that's the main culprits.

It's pointing towards it being a provider issue then - although you're using different providers, it's likely they're all using the same card for Irish channels hence them all being the same on all the providers you've tried. Do you know anyone else locally that could maybe try these channels and give you some feedback?

Went to the box outside the house. One of the F connectors was a slight bit loose but now fully tightened but no difference yet.

The cfg file for mg_camd, does it need edited for the vuduo or can it remain as default settings?

That's correct there is two hubs in the home although they are running of the same cable fees they are seperate VM accounts.

I have tried IPTV using the MAG256 box but wasn't overly keen on the quality.

i take it then that the b/b up the stairs has nothing to do with your box or b/b down the stairs

as for different mg_cfg for your box u don't need one one size fits all
As long as you have this setting in your's

# network ecm timeout in seconds
K: { 10 }

have you tried oscam

i take it then that the b/b up the stairs has nothing to do with your box or b/b down the stairs

as for different mg_cfg for your box u don't need one one size fits all
As long as you have this setting in your's

# network ecm timeout in seconds
K: { 10 }

have you tried oscam

That's correct the broadband upstairs is not in anyway connected to the box, on a separate line / account altogether.

Never tried oscam before, would that require any change from the provider side?

Last edited:
stop calling the box a duo as its a duo2,no one asked what cam is on use on box,+ i think box should be using a uk line as in belfast is it?
is your line in the var/keys or etc folder?

ya fecker as i have a dead duo with second red light issue lol,duo2 is better with swappable tuners

Back