Glitching / freezing.

stop calling the box a duo as its a duo2,no one asked what cam is on use on box,+ i think box should be using a uk line as in belfast is it?
is your line in the var/keys or etc folder?

The cam I have installed is mgcamd someone else mentioned possibly using oscam.
Unsure where the lines are coming from but from what I am lead to believe they are UK.

I've had freezing/glitching problems in the past (North West England) and the fix was to change my inside splitter. Now I'm no expert on these but the splitter I was having issues with was a 5-10000hz but had 37db written on the outputs, I swapped it for one that said 0.6db on the outputs and the freezing glitching vanished straight away, I'm guessing the old splitter was boosting the signal to much ???
I'm not saying this is your issue but worth checking your splitter

I've had freezing/glitching problems in the past (North West England) and the fix was to change my inside splitter. Now I'm no expert on these but the splitter I was having issues with was a 5-10000hz but had 37db written on the outputs, I swapped it for one that said 0.6db on the outputs and the freezing glitching vanished straight away, I'm guessing the old splitter was boosting the signal to much ???
I'm not saying this is your issue but worth checking your splitter

Splitters like that don't "boost" a signal - they lose signal each time the feed is split. The figures quotes on the old splitter you had is probably (most definitely) 3.7db which is the signal lost due to splitting - obviously 0.6db is a lower loss so could be why it's helped. A lot of it is down to the quality of materials used though - if you use good branded high quality stuff then that plays a big part.

read all the tuts and guides but eyes can be a let down as cant focus on small detail or wires.

I know what you mean mate :)

I lost the sight in my right eye a few years ago my right eye was my dominant eye now i can struggle with close up work on small components as one time i was a master at chipping ps2s ;)

If fta channels are OK and its just a few channels that are having the issue then just don't watch those channels.

Sorry not helpful but couldn't resist.

Serioiusly though can you get Irish channels on VM in Belfast? Does a standard UK subscription include the irish channels? I would have thought an Irish line is needed for the Irish channels.

If fta channels are OK and its just a few channels that are having the issue then just don't watch those channels.

Serioiusly though can you get Irish channels on VM in Belfast? Does a standard UK subscription include the irish channels? I would have thought an Irish line is needed for the Irish channels.

A UK line works for Northern Ireland, it's just ROI where it's different. You would think though that as long as you have the correct net id, it would give you all local channels.

Shame the Irish VM channels aren't available in the UK, especially SS5 version for the 3pms.

A UK line works for Northern Ireland, it's just ROI where it's different. You would think though that as long as you have the correct net id, it would give you all local channels.

Shame the Irish VM channels aren't available in the UK, especially SS5 version for the 3pms.
Yea, just wondering though, he mentioned the Irish channels are freezing, is the OP referring to ROI channels in which case I would not expect a UK line to cover them, or is he referring to NI local channels which yes should work.

Someone asked on VM's website about them not receiving RTE 1, 2, TG4 in NI and this was the reply;

The reason for this is as they fall under the Republic of Irelands broadcasting network, and not the UK's they wouldn't be included in our channel listings.

Someone asked on VM's website about them not receiving RTE 1, 2, TG4 in NI and this was the reply;
That's what I mean, the OP said TG4 freezes, but if it's not available in NI then that could explain why its not clearing properly with a UK line?

Reactions: ste
That's what I mean, the OP said TG4 freezes, but if it's not available in NI then that could explain why its not clearing properly with a UK line?

I agree - this would make sense... it would pick the channel up but because it's not part of the UK package, this would cause a problem.

FTA works Ina different platform as this uses the terrestrial. You could have it on FTA and it will not freeze at all.

Standard uk sub will include the Irish channels etc.

I agree - this would make sense... it would pick the channel up but because it's not part of the UK package, this would cause a problem.
Works perfectly fine. Belfast is part of the UK so it has always worked. Just glitchy and freezing at the best of times.

Back