Glitching / freezing.

There is other channels that do freeze.

Sky 1
Sky 1 HD
Sky 2
Challenge
Challenge +1

There is a few more channels.
NetID etc is all fine 00021 for Belfast.

Wonder why this VM employee said these channels aren't available on VM's NI package then :confused:

FTA works Ina different platform as this uses the terrestrial. You could have it on FTA and it will not freeze at all.

Standard uk sub will include the Irish channels etc.
Sorry I'm not knowledgeable about how it works in NI. If its coming through the virmin cable then it's not terrestrial is it? you would need a terrestrial areal connected to receive any terrestrial channels.

Are you sure that a UK cable line covers Irish channels as there has been many discussions about the shortage of providers for ROI. if the UK line included it then there wouldn't this shortage of providers for ROI. For satellite you're correct the same line could be used for both UK and ROI.

Sorry I'm not knowledgeable about how it works in NI. If its coming through the virmin cable then it's not terrestrial is it? you would need a terrestrial areal connected to receive any terrestrial channels.

Are you sure that a UK cable line covers Irish channels as there has been many discussions about the shortage of providers for ROI. if the UK line included it then there wouldn't this shortage of providers for ROI. For satellite you're correct the same line could be used for both UK and ROI.

Yeah. I'm watching RTE1 as I am typing this message.

In relation to terrestrial channels the VM feed is connected but comes through freeview which is an antenna on top of the black mountain. Not sure what way that works through VM. I'm guessing VM / Sky are the carried without any encryption.

Sitting challenge +1 and no joke it is freezing every 30 seconds emailed the line provider but he is as useless as tits on a bull. I'd imagine the 'server' is over subscribed.

As I said you appear to be a know it all, but you have eluded to giving a possible fix for the above situation, if you believe you know what it is, feel free to share the information.

Attached is the ping time to the server via putty, seems to be quite low.

Attachments

• pingtime.PNG
    pingtime.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
was there a post of cable over 10 yrs old? that would need replacing for a better one.

any wifi in use with second hub?

Back