Guide How to set up a Blade Media BM5000s

You have two choices, wait for a new channel list to be released from blade online.

Do a single TP scan and get them back that way, they should appear at the bottom of the "all" group

I have problems with a Blade 5000s box . This is the 2nd box i sent the other back and this one has the same problem .
It has March 2015 firmware and everytime i go to balde on line and add a channel list channle list go on ok but no list just a plank screen with the channel in the corner
the when you press menu thart is very fainf in the back ground very hard to see.
I downlaod the new BM5000s 20-05-15 file and flashed that onto the box .
Now all i have is 4 zeros on the screen of the box and that it NO menu will appeal or anything .
As anyone else had this problem ?
And do anyone now how to fix please
Will a full fllash work with the RS232 to usb cable and if so can some one till me wher to get the info on how to do this
I downloaded the Blade RS232 Nova Upgrader but i have a clue what to do !!!
Any help would be great Thanks

Hello,

My new Blade box has just arrived and I am completely new to this so thank you very much for the details walk through.

Just an update to say I was fully up and running in around 20 minutes from the guide so thank you very much. My only stumbling blocks were;

1. I had to use the .ssu file from September last year
2. I didn't think my CCard was working as I was trying to view HD channels.

Once I worked through the two problems above everything was straight forward so thanks again for the advice.

Kind regards

Last edited:
i was gettin the same as u sined12 use the 9991 12th sept 2014 firmware it workd perfect for me a usd it by use upgrade nova softw need to plug in the rs232 null modem into the back of the blade box make sure ur box is switched off then press open on the nova software and select ur septembers firmware and click download then it tells u to follow on screen instructions

Hi Chris when I open NovaHD upgrader I press open on the com port section And it keeps saying failed initializing port !
Im have s bad week I think !!

make sure its a null modem cable to usb plug it into a usb port and make sure the drivers are installed sined12 it should be com3 then press open then press download it should tell ye ti power on yer stb then it should download the firmware to the box after it sync mode starts

I think the problem is the drivers !! I using my little one laptop as I have a Mac and the drivers are not loaded !
I'll have to see if I can downloaded them somewhere .
this box is more trouble !!! Thanks for the help

Ok so I have the downloads.
But, I can't see the blank config file on the blade unit (it is there) and, I don't get anything when I enter 9991 at the menu.
Please help.......I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi bees.

I have it!!!!!!!!!!! all working well.
I found all the answers here in this thread (many thanks)

I had used the manufacturers firmware. When I realised, I used your file and it all worked like a charm!

A big thanks to you all, especially bees.

---------- Post Merged at 08:37 PM ----------

bees, I would happily scrap sky but, I really like the ability to record 2 programs at once. Also, the epg is really user friendly.
Have you, as an experienced blade user, found a good way around this issue?

When you record it locks up a tuner while recording is taking place.

(The above is not entirely correct as you can watch programs which are broadcast on the same TP, but it's next to useless,
I had to put this in cause somebody always corrects me lol)

So if you want to record two programs and watch a third for example, you will need a triple tuner box.

Most people settle for a twin tuner, as you normally have a shotgun cable, (two feeds coming in)

So record one and watch another, or record two but the box will be locked during recording.

If you want to go down this route maybe look at the Xpeed LX2 flashed with Vix, about £110
from world of sat.

EPG is much better on these type of boxes and it auto updates every night

When you record it locks up a tuner while recording is taking place.

(The above is not entirely correct as you can watch programs which are broadcast on the same TP, but it's next to useless,
I had to put this in cause somebody always corrects me lol)

So if you want to record two programs and watch a third for example, you will need a triple tuner box.

Most people settle for a twin tuner, as you normally have a shotgun cable, (two feeds coming in)

So record one and watch another, or record two but the box will be locked during recording.

If you want to go down this route maybe look at the Xpeed LX2 flashed with Vix, about £110
from world of sat.

EPG is much better on these type of boxes and it auto updates every night

what's the picture quality like for the xpeed and is the firmware available for it ? ( sorry for going off topic)

It is a very good box for the price, you can order them flashed with Vix, it's free

Then it's just a case of a bit of tweaking on the settings and putting in a line.

There are guides on here

cheers will keep that in mind for my next box, so I can record one channel and watch another on a diff TP on xpeed??

Back