Guide How to set up a Blade Media BM5000s

Thanks for a brilliant guide! I see you have added the 7 day EPG in the DOWNLOADS section. I have tried to install the 4 EPG files but I'm not having any luck?! Do you have a guide for that too?

Thanks

I have followed Bees guides and they are great but how do you get the box office channels non are showing on my channel lists :( do you have to add these separately ? Help much appreciated

What does the config file do? Due to issues with setting up my box I never got as far as installing it and entered my N line details through Menu - 9991. Do I need to add the config file?

Should be working if you have entered the nline manually, what error are you getting

---------- Post Merged at 08:04 AM ----------

Config.cfg is for when you install login via usb

did anyone else have any problems getting the config file in the 2nd update and backup? dont know if i have unzipped the download properly ive tried both winrar and winzip but still cant get it to show on the pendrive im only getting the su file

please help its driving me mad !!!

has anyone else had problems uploading the config files cos i cant do it when i get to this point i only get the same ssu files again ???

Hi Just got my bm5000 got on software up and running thanks to bees great tutorial but dont seem to be able to get into my 9991 menu anyone explain how thanks sorted now thanks

Last edited:
hi, just doing setup here using your tutorial but blade online is not showing rep of ireland channels, its showing everthing else, like cen,lon,scot, wales an NI but not IRL as shown in your tutorial, thank, Liam

Blade online was updated on the 18th
I noticed a couple of users have uploaded their channel lists.

You may have to try a few.

In "all satellite " group you should see all the channels broadcast from the sat.

So you should have at least half a dozen BBC 1's for example, for all the different regions.

You may have to move that channel into which ever group you want manually,
using the channel editor from the menus, if you cant find a suitable list.

Blade said they are going to release a PC based, channel editing software so the lists should get a lot
better and up dated by users on a more regular basis when this is available

Last edited:
thanks for that, I am now having trouble entering a line. i cant get the config opened. i cant get to the enter the line manually menu. at what stage do i enter 9991, thanks, liam

For manual input,

Put the box on any channel.

Press MENU then press 9991 and it should come up on the screen.

I have put an edited config file in the download section.
it looks like the one in the tutorial.

Download - Unzip - Open with Note pad.

Paste your line in and load it as before.

ok ive got the 9991 menu up now. and ive got a test line waiting, do i enter it in server domain section?
sorry for asking probably obvious questions

Yeah, lol

Your line breaks down into 4 parts

server, port (which will be a number) user, pass

Look for the spaces in the line and you can work out what goes where.

Just enter it in the right section for a C or N line

Hi again, I lost my signal for about half hour with the message "no signal (input 1). It just left it and it and the signal came back itself. Is this a line problem or box problem.?
Ps the fta channels were there bit lost them too for a shorter time than the others
Thank again, Liam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a read here

I think it may be a line problem, but if you are loosing FTA it may be a tuner problem.

Not to sure at the mo, but i'm pretty sure it will get sorted soon when
the problem can be isolated.

The better the feedback the sooner it will be sorted.

In the mean time flash your box with the 9111 firmware
and see if that makes a difference.

Post in the above thread if you get the problem again and let us know if this
makes a difference.

Post back if you are having a problem as Ron105 thinks
the 7 Day EPG firmware still needs ironing out.

So now you know all the probable causes, we just need to pin it down (y)

Last edited:
Back