Guinea Pigs Needed

The EPG using xmltv import with rytec brings in information for nearly all the channels. There are a few exceptions I think universal and syfy are a couple.
On booting your box, you will probably have to do an initial manual install though as it's set to download overnight and not on boot up. Just go into the xmltvimporter menu, make sure your source is set to rytec uk and then do a manual download. That should populate all your epgs. Will take a good 10 minutes though.

---------- Post Merged at 12:27 PM ----------

Every time I install Flash expander my box goes tits !

I don't use that plugin, it was mtpockets who recommended it, as he says its useful for all the media plugins. If you are not overloading your box with plugins, you probably don't need it.
I also believe you have to set it up before installing all the other plugins to be most effective.

It would be great if some brave person got themselves filming this procedure on YouTube.

I nominate you Davy, any seconders??? Why leave the work for others?, If you think it is worth doing, the why not do it? Everyone in the community needs to play his/her part in the scene.

I'm too shy.. :-(

---------- Post Merged at 10:56 PM ----------

Only joking! I don't need to do this process just know. I was only stating that there is a lot of clever guys and girls on here and that sometimes seeing someone doing that task is easier than reading an article. I love this forum its helped me, without a doubt.
If I can come up with something as intuitive as this person I will try post too YouTube. Until then I'm just reading the information.

... And I am too busy designing you all a new skin. Plus i would rather read a good step by step guide anyday over a linear video. Carry on adding suggestions though peeps, I will shortly update this into a final version.

kevicr ...

your xmltv importer should look like this if you have correctly installed the rytec plugin. If you don't get all the rytec options you have not install the plugin correctly. Try a reboot if you think its downloaded properly.

1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (1).jpg

Thanks for this guide, kiddac. A friend had set up our Zgemma 2S but your guide has helped me understand the system. Have been using parts of the guide to tweak to my liking and so far so good. Thanks again. (y)

Have you got both crossepg and xmltv both installed? I remember reading somewhere crossepg doesn't play nice with openatv.

I would delete all the plugins and start again. Delete crossepg, delete xmltvimporter, delete rytec.
Then in your ftp program
goto /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and if there is an xmltv folder there delete it.
goto /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins and if there is a crossepg folder there delete it.

Install xmltvimporter via the plugins menu
Restart.

Install rytec via the plugins menu.
Restart.

Go to xmltvimporter settings and see if rytec then appears in your source list.

These are my main epg settings
epg.jpg

epg2.jpg

Also are you sure the plugin is finishing installing properly. Are you getting any error messages, like no disk space. Go into file manager (file button) and delete any surplus crap on your usb/hdd. Also manually run cache flush before trying to install might help

Last edited:
Thanks bud worked first time with no problems whatsoever and is running really well and faster than openatv 4.2

Might want to take the scanning channels part out which takes ages because your using ABM which puts the channels in order you don't need to scan for channels for ABM to work this will save you half hour setting up process

Also you'll need some more files adding via FTP client for mgcamd to work with N: lines newcamd.list & mg_cfg needs to be present in /var/keys/ folder then you will need to edit the newcamd.list with your line details

Setanta HD and Premier HD are the same channel only changes over for the 3pm kick offs on Saturdays you'll still need to set ROI ABM to receive Setanta Ireland and Setanta Sports 1

Good Tutorial things to improve on maybe

Pictures?
Formatting USB could be wrote better easier
Sorting out USB on box no need for EXT3/4 partitioning and swapmanager

Hope this Helps

Last edited:
Might want to take the scanning channels part out which takes ages because your using ABM which puts the channels in order you don't need to scan for channels for ABM to work this will save you half hour setting up process

There is a reason I do this. Autobouquets isn't always 100% accurate or up to date. If channels have moved recently or a bit glitchy then the user can always press the green satellite button on the channel list and list ALL the channels available on that dish. Usually there is alternatives that can be clicked in these lists. even if its called 50320 or something similar.

I have sentanta and premier without ROI set in autobouquets.

I don't use mgcamd hence why that wasn't included, I think I asked for other people to fill that section in.

As for the other stuff all input is welcome. Unfortunately this guide is a bit on hold at the moment as designing this new sly skin is completely taking over my life.

mgcamd is working fine as is Ccam tested both plugins and both run fine mgcamd is more stable tho also cracked the timeshift glitch its running like a dream atm also in crossepg remember to select 28.2 as I had that fail too til i spotted it lol lol

hi guys!!
please be gentle with me!
i have purchased the zgemma 2s and follwed this guide to the letter BUT i am only getting free to air channels!!
i have put my line in as described CWS = etc etc but still no chanels!! used the same line i purchased for my skybox f5s which has all channels working (i have upluged f5s from mains so only using 1 box as i wanted to upgrade to this zgemma) please help me, i know the nline works 100%.
when i select TSpanel/softcams i see MGcamd 1.38 but is shows No ecm info it has a green button highlighted but no info!!! is this correct

hi guys!!
please be gentle with me!
i have purchased the zgemma 2s and follwed this guide to the letter BUT i am only getting free to air channels!!
i have put my line in as described CWS = etc etc but still no chanels!! used the same line i purchased for my skybox f5s which has all channels working (i have upluged f5s from mains so only using 1 box as i wanted to upgrade to this zgemma) please help me, i know the nline works 100%.
when i select TSpanel/softcams i see MGcamd 1.38 but is shows No ecm info it has a green button highlighted but no info!!! is this correct
Hi matey, restart your mgcamd softcam
menu
setup
softcam / cl
softcam manager
(mgcamd should be ticked green)
press yellow to restart
this should restart and drop in sync and restore your premium channels

Are you using this guide to setup from scratch or a backup it's not recommended to use tspanel

---------- Post Merged at 02:18 PM ----------

Just had a look it doesn't mention tspanel

NEVER setup thru tspanel ALWAYS do the step by step installation

---------- Post Merged at 02:24 PM ----------

Follow this guide compliments of sucmnsee
Get a usb or hard drive that can be wiped and devoted to the box.
That will store program guide and recordings and timeshift to rewind TV etc.
4gb is minimum I'd recommend. But more is better.
Once image is flashed and u edit ur 2 files in usr/keys with DCC.
Get the permanent USB/hdd onto a PC and quick format it.

Box off.
Usb in rear.
Box on. Within 1 minute do:
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select ur drive
Red to initialise
Exit all

Menu
Setup
Vix
Swapfile manager
Blue to create 256mb. Wait
Yellow to autostart
Green to start
Red to close.
Hold power button on remote for 3 secs and select Restart (never GUI)

(If u are using a large enough usb/HDD u may want to go to
Menu
Setup
System
Timeshift settings
Autostart ts after 30secs or whatever.
As it is u need to hit pause to start timeshift.)

Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquets maker
Providers. Wait
Sky UK (sd):area. Change from northern ireland custom to your area custom by pressing right or left.
Green to save.
Start scan. Wait.
Hold power Restart

Menu
setup
System
Epg
Cross EPG
Download now. Takes 5-10 mins. Happens automatically at 06.15 am anyway.
Hold power again and restart

Last edited:
Kiddac thanks for the write up on this. I had acrack at this over the weekend and was really suprised how easy-ish it is to set up from scratch. Ive always dowbloaded other peoples builds. But creating one from scratch isnt as daunting as i thought.
Obviously still hitting a few hurdles along the way, which is slightly frustarting but i guess thats the whole point of doing it from scratch to learn in the process - The 2 things im struggling slightly with at the moment are -

1. getting the manual scan to pick the 900+ channels. Ive set both tuners up properly and checked the strength (both fine). I can only seem to pick up 500 odd channels. Im thinking it might be something to do with the transponders that ive currently selected.
2. Ive previously used mtpockets openat 4.2 build in the download section and when i flash that on the box and run autoboquets. It automatically takes out all the non working HD channels but still swaps the working HD channels where they are working. On this build i currently have a whole bunch of non working hd channels at the top of each channel list which is annoying - i could delete them out but as the box is set up to run autobouquets on a weekly basis - i'd have to keep deleting them out.

Am i missing something in the settings or is there some kind of file/plugin which needs to be added?

Ideally the build i would really to achieve is something very simlar to the the mt pockets openatv 4.2 build. Would i be better off backing up the settings on that build and trying to restore those on this one im atempting?

Sorry neglected this thread a bit due to all my time being taken up with the new slyk 1 skin.

Can't help anyone with TSpanel. It causes more trouble than its worth as proven with sucmesees vix build thread. It just messes with your system and the default place where you put things.

As for autobouquets HD channels (did you follow my guide ;) )

Just edit your autoboquets settings

Providers
Menu... Setup... Service Searching... AutoBouquetsMaker...Providers
FreeSat(UK) – No
Sky ROI – No (don’t think this is now needed to pick up Sentanta HD and Premier HD)
Sky UK – Yes
area – [your area] custom - do not set it as HD or SD, but custom.
fta only – no
main bouquet – yes
section bouquet – yes
HD Bouquet – yes
FTA Bouquet – yes
FTA HD Bouquet – Yes
Swap channels – Yes (this moves HD channels over SD channels where appropriate. i.e BBC1 HD replaces BBC1)

Back