Guinea Pigs Needed

Hi kiddac
I used ur guide yesterday to setup my zgemma 2s .
Great guide setup and running in 20min
Thank you
Please accept my apoligies for posting in wrong thread yesterday

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Did this over the weekend again and can confirm that the bug with tuner a (not picking up all channles) is still on the latest 5.1 atv image from the zgemma website to download. The fix with turning descql to on still works.

Hi kiddac
I've used ur guide today & had a bit trouble inputing my nline but manage to do it in the end[emoji106]

That's it for tonight & I'll be trying ur slyk 1 HD tomorrow.
Cheers[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I'm totally new to the zgemma box I have an openbox v8s just now but going to buy a zgemma. I will try this guide when my box arrives. Hopefully get it working ok as I don't fancy paying the hefty price for a fully setup box when I could have a bash myself at half the price. I will keep you guys updated how I get on.

This is a bare bones setup. If you want a pre setup build there are plenty in the downloads section. Probably best first until you have a grasp of everything.

Ok cool I have been looking on eBay and Amazon for a box can any of you guys suggest somewhere to buy from? Is eBay etc ok as I've heard of cloned boxes going around.

Ok cool I have been looking on eBay and Amazon for a box can any of you guys suggest somewhere to buy from? Is eBay etc ok as I've heard of cloned boxes going around.

Look for ak electronics on ebay, got my H2 from them quick delivery too

Look for ak electronics on ebay, got my H2 from them quick delivery too

Ideal Habibi I'll give it a look cheers

Had a quick look but search returned zero results.
I'll just take my chances and order one.

Last edited:
it's not the zgemmas that are dodgy on ebay it's the people selling pre-setup boxes with a 12 month gift that will expire after 3 months. You can get your line here in the sticky of the general satellite forum. And there are pre-setup images in the download section. So just buy a zgemma for about £65 of ebay, nothing else needed apart from a bit of effort from yourself to read up on everything on the relevant forum.

it's not the zgemmas that are dodgy on ebay it's the people selling pre-setup boxes with a 12 month gift that will expire after 3 months. You can get your line here in the sticky of the general satellite forum. And there are pre-setup images in the download section. So just buy a zgemma for about £65 of ebay, nothing else needed apart from a bit of effort from yourself to read up on everything on the relevant forum.

Superb kiddac thanks for clearing that up for me.

Hi, Followed your setup notes successfully to softcams, but no plugin displayed for cccams/ mgcamd. I am now stuck at this point, any feedback will be welcomed.

Hardware: Imac for FTP and Zgemma Star 2s. Notes are good and to help the non technically minded folks it may be useful to have a simple glossary followed by a brief explanation , i.e Epg Electronic Programming guide, used for ................. Thank you for your time and effort putting this together.

Are we all of the opinion that swap file should be on usb stick and not hdd?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please I need help, I just bought zgemma s2, someone sent me a test online but I could not find the place to enter the nline.(var/keys) where can I find this, .. I have not flash box yet, has this anything to do with it?

---------- Post Merged at 09:36 PM ----------

Please I need help, I bought a zgemma s2, have not flashed it. I got a test nline
But I don't know where to enter the numbers. I cannot find the var/key folder. Please where can I find the var as it does not appear on filezella.
Thanks

Please I need help, I just bought zgemma s2, someone sent me a test online but I could not find the place to enter the nline.(var/keys) where can I find this, .. I have not flash box yet, has this anything to do with it?

---------- Post Merged at 09:36 PM ----------

Please I need help, I bought a zgemma s2, have not flashed it. I got a test nline
But I don't know where to enter the numbers. I cannot find the var/key folder. Please where can I find the var as it does not appear on filezella.
Thanks

Read post #1 on this thread! Click the link, follow the guide from the top as it's designed to help people in a position like you

Be patient. Allow yourself 1-1.5 hours... it will be worth it!

...Your line can live in a few places depending on firmware... To be on the safe side it is probably best to look in all these places and backup these files if they exist.

Likely folders are:

usr / keys

or

etc

erm pass. for the sake of a couple of quid it is definitely more practical to have some usbs lying around. You will need at least one usb to flash your box. I have several. One with a blank openatv install. A couple with my my backup images. Some with pre-setup builds. One for using as my mini hdd in the back. If you have only one, you have to faff around with reformatting all the time.

After you box is flashed it doesn't matter if you use a hdd or usb. Obviously usb is quieter with no disk spin up noise. But if you are big time recorder, then you need a hdd rather than a usb.

kiddac i have my new zgemma h.2h here off work tomorrow so ill setup box tomorrow morning and give some feedback mate.

cheers

Back