Just bought 1st starview 7 box

Getzs79

Can someone possibly help me out. Just bought myself a starview 7 box and have no idea how to setup or where to start. Many thanks

vm feed that as a signal it will more or likely will be live thay don't rely cut them off now n3 is live

Have no idea wot u meant by your last comment. I'm just a beginner at all this. If u could please simplify ur last comment. Any other tips on on starview 7 would be great help as I'm only starting out with starview7. Many thanks

Have no idea wot u meant by your last comment. I'm just a beginner at all this. If u could please simplify ur last comment. Any other tips on on starview 7 would be great help as I'm only starting out with starview7. Many thanks

The live VM feed is another term for the cable connection that will be used for your Starview to receive the channels. Hopefully your current cable connection is still active and you should be able to pick a signal up from it.

You will have to flash your starview with the links already provided in this thread. You will then have to pay a subscription fee via the starview supporter program.

Techkings is in no way affiliated with Starview.

The live VM feed is another term for the cable connection that will be used for your Starview to receive the channels. Hopefully your current cable connection is still active and you should be able to pick a signal up from it.

You will have to flash your starview with the links already provided in this thread. You will then have to pay a subscription fee via the starview supporter program.

Techkings is in no way affiliated with Starview.

So is vm feed basically an Internet connection. Is that right ? Wot does vm feed stand for

To use the Starview 7 in the UK (United Kingdom), you must have three things,
1. a starview 7 with a paid server subscription.
2. A live VM (Virgin Media) feed, which basically means you must be able to recieve cable television in your house. This may or may not be currently active as they rarely cut off the feed since the onset of N3 (Nagra 3 - An encryption system that stops people leeching off the VM cable)
3. an internet connection (broadband)

I hope this helps you out, and remember that this is the only place anyone will answer you (not via PM (Private Messaging). any more questions, just ask again. As for the latest fimware (software, it is in the first post of this thread>>>>>>>>>http://www.techkings.org/starview/27453-starview-supporter-1-02-a.html

Will do from now on mate. I have the fibre optic cable coming into my home from virgin media( broadband) is that all I need. Please correct me if in wrong here but I connect cable to sv box. Then Ethernet cable from box to wireless router. Also do I have to input some sort of code after have scanned for channels ? Many thanks again

Have a re-read of the last post before yours.

To use the Starview 7 in the UK (United Kingdom), you must have three things,
1. a starview 7 with a paid server subscription.
2. A live VM (Virgin Media) feed, which basically means you must be able to recieve cable television in your house. This may or may not be currently active as they rarely cut off the feed since the onset of N3 (Nagra 3 - An encryption system that stops people leeching off the VM cable)
3. an internet connection (broadband)

point 1 states " A paid server subscription", have you paid for a server subscription??
Point 2 states " you must be able to recieve cable television in your house. This may or may not be currently active as they rarely cut off the feed" ... Do you have a junction box from virgin, that has a socket for a coaxial cable (are you able to recieve cable television in your house(this is the cable you will be connecting the VM feed to the Starview 7 with)

if you are unsure of the VM set up, why not take a photo of the box immediately where the VM cable comes in the wall and post it up, someone will recognise it and tell you what you have, I won't, I live in Ireland. But if you read all advice CAREFULLY, we will get you there in the end.

Yea I do have coaxial cable coming in as I currently have vm Internet through it. Haven't paid subscription yet has haven't connected sv box yet. It's still in box. Can u not get vm down south

Yea I do have coaxial cable coming in as I currently have vm Internet through it.

and the box, directly linked to this, does it have your broadband socket, and one more? or just one for the internet, don't be rushing to get this fixed up, read carefully the answers you get and we will get you through this.

if you have 2 sockets in the box, you keep one wire from it into your internet, then run a second one to the Starview, which I told you above.
Also, as Cacti kid says, we cannot get any dodgy cable TV in the ROI (Republic Of Ireland)

I will have to check it. So if there is a spare socket run a wire from it directly too sv7 box. But if there's only one socket will I just run it to sv7 box then Ethernet back to wireless router.
Is this the correct way to go about it

I will have to check it. So if there is a spare socket run a wire from it directly too sv7 box. But if there's only one socket will I just run it to sv7 box then Ethernet back to wireless router.
Is this the correct way to go about it

Or maybe a splitter, I imagine Bobby, or Cacti will answer that one more exactly for you.

Back