MTPockets OpenATV 4.2 2015/08/23 Zgemma Star 2S / 2 / H1 / H2 Backup4

It will if you've downloaded and installed the seperate download that has picons in and copied to usb as per the instructions lol

You'll need to recreate the swap file so the box knows how to find it...

i have been using picons for a while now, they are located on my usb stick (hdd/picons) they show up on epg and info bar but not on the extended number scan box..

---------- Post Merged on 28-08-2015 at 12:53 AM ----------

Me again, sorry to be a pain in the butt, was messing about with picons and decided to restart box, upon restart the box failed to connect to network, ran test, failed to get IP address, so setup a static this also failed to connect, twice this has happened then I got a blue screen of death (log file mentions network)...upon restart it still won't connect with static ip, tried turning dhcp on and it failed yet again, switch box of at back, turned router off then on, and switched box on, and hey presto, it connects...think I might flash previous build and see if I have any issues.

HoofHearted are you connected by wifi by any chance , I get this when I reboot the box .
I suspect it is because I am using a wifi dongle , All I do after a restart is blue button , down to network and restart network always solves the problem.
No Idea why it happens but no biggie as I normally just put the box to standby rather than fully off

Last edited:
i have been using picons for a while now, they are located on my usb stick (hdd/picons) they show up on epg and info bar but not on the extended number scan box..

You have your picons saved in a folder different to where they are set in the settings of the backup - as a result to get them to work on the channel change go to extnumberzap and change the picon location to do this....

MENU, Setup, Usage & GUI, scroll down to extended number zap and OK, then change picons directory

Me again, sorry to be a pain in the butt, was messing about with picons and decided to restart box, upon restart the box failed to connect to network, ran test, failed to get IP address, so setup a static this also failed to connect, twice this has happened then I got a blue screen of death (log file mentions network)...upon restart it still won't connect with static ip, tried turning dhcp on and it failed yet again, switch box of at back, turned router off then on, and switched box on, and hey presto, it connects...think I might flash previous build and see if I have any issues.
no need to reflash I think you sussed it - sometimes a router needs a reboot when setting static IPs

Sorry guys if I'm being a bit dull.. My box came installed with Vix but want to try this backup.. How do I go about changing my box to openatv??

HoofHearted are you connected by wifi by any chance , I get this when I reboot the box .
I suspect it is because I am using a wifi dongle , All I do after a restart is blue button , down to network and restart network always solves the problem.
No Idea why it happens but no biggie as I normally just put the box to standby rather than fully off

no mate, its wired, got it working, turned router off before i set static ip on the box, then restarted.

---------- Post Merged at 10:19 AM ----------

You have your picons saved in a folder different to where they are set in the settings of the backup - as a result to get them to work on the channel change go to extnumberzap and change the picon location to do this....

MENU, Setup, Usage & GUI, scroll down to extended number zap and OK, then change picons directory

changed the directory but still not showing, again they are working fine on info bar and epg, noticed the picons i use are named the same as channel not the sat name like the ones in your download, could that be the issue?

Thanks for the reply.. I can't see where it says anything about changing from Vix to openatv??

It makes no odds what your box is on now as the flash process wipes the box.... Just follow the instructions posted with the download and you'll be fine (making sure you have backed up your line details to your pc/phone or a piece of paper!)

---------- Post Merged at 10:28 AM ----------

Originally Posted by mtpockets

changed the directory but still not showing, again they are working fine on info bar and epg, noticed the picons i use are named the same as channel not the sat name like the ones in your download, could that be the issue?

Did you do a restart after? If still no joy I'm stumped mate, it could be down to picon naming maybe....

Thanks.. Just re-flashed the box with your build and still unable to get my c-line working!! I would think it was the line BUT I put it in the F5 box and its working sweet!! I can't for the life of me see where I'm going wrong

Looks like that is indeed the problem, i put in the stv one from your folder and it showed, problem is i really dont like those picons, and iv not idea how to rename my current ones.

Can anyone help please, I've followed steps 1 & 2 as per the instructions and I can get timeshift to work however whenever I try and record something I get disk full error? I've tried formatting the usb stick and re-mounting but still get the same error. Great image btw and thanks

Right.. I've re-flashed the box with vix and with openatv and can't get my c-line to work.. Yet it works on my F5 box.. I've taken all the cams out and re-installed with no joy.. I've tried putting the CCcam.cfg file in every folder thats been suggested.. I can see the server but its not going online.. I really don't know where to turn anymore?? could it be the sky internet?? the router?? the box?? I for the life of me have no idea.. Surely someone can help??

Once your line is on the box you need to restart the router then restart the box and finally restart the cam if using a cline.

Just a thought.... are you using the F5S at the same time? Are you sure your provider is giving you multiroom?

---------- Post Merged at 01:14 PM ----------

Can anyone help please, I've followed steps 1 & 2 as per the instructions and I can get timeshift to work however whenever I try and record something I get disk full error? I've tried formatting the usb stick and re-mounting but still get the same error. Great image btw and thanks

I hope you followed the rest of the steps too!! lol If you did then I'm at a loss...unless somehow your drive mounts or recording locations have been changed?

---------- Post Merged at 01:15 PM ----------

Looks like that is indeed the problem, i put in the stv one from your folder and it showed, problem is i really dont like those picons, and iv not idea how to rename my current ones.

Time for you to go picon huntung then??? lol

Last edited:

Can anyone help with the above please guys? I'm at the end of my tether

Thanks for the reply.. I'll try that when I get back in.. I'm not using the F5 at the same time but if I was the provider said I could use on 2 boxes!!

Firstly Massive thanks MTP. Started as a newbie to all of this a couple of days ago and now have a Zgemma stars 2 box running his image.

One question, is there a way I can make a backup of setup now so It's quicker for me to re flash should I ever need to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back