MTPockets OpenATV 4.2 2015/08/23 Zgemma Star 2S / 2 / H1 / H2 Backup4

Hi,
Decided to try this image to see how it differed from the sucmnsee one.
Got it installed ok, and it refused point blank to run my newcamd.list file, bu copied over the ccam.cfg and off it went. The picons are, hmmm, well, I will be deleting those, but each to their own.
But....
Page 1 of this thread says it has the Fraggle121 and Chababus Sky Skin are installed, but menu/setup/usage and gui/skin setup shows only a "sky.new" skin, and the epg settings are all to pot - the font sizes are too big making reading the program almost impossible.
Am I missing something?
Thanks guys.

---------- Post Merged at 09:22 PM ----------

Update...
Just reset my box and now no encrypted channels clear.
Like a few on here have found, I too have an n line and tried the .list file in the keys folder and the .cfg file as well, and am now only getting free to air, with nothing bringing them back.
The file that was working is present, but when I press blue/softcam/softcam panel, there is no ECM info avail.
And deep standby no longer works - I just get the spinning blue circle......
I give up.......suggestions anyone?

Last edited:
Firstly Massive thanks MTP. Started as a newbie to all of this a couple of days ago and now have a Zgemma stars 2 box running his image.

One question, is there a way I can make a backup of setup now so It's quicker for me to re flash should I ever need to!

Yes from the blue button, software manager, complete backup, usb. Then access the backed up file using ftp copy it to your PC. Of the files in the backup that's now on your PC check that rootfs.bin is less than 120,000,000 bytes (if not you need to remove some plugins and backup again as over this the backup won't restore). Now copy the rootfs.bin file into the same location but in my download overwriting the existing file. Then copy the whole lot to the USB which you intent to flash your box with.

---------- Post Merged at 08:44 AM ----------

Hi,
Got it installed ok, and it refused point blank to run my newcamd.list file
newcamd.list and the mg_cfg files need to be matched pairs so if you overwrote your own instead of editing what was there and just pasting in your details this could be the problem.....

, bu copied over the ccam.cfg and off it went. The picons are, hmmm, well, I will be deleting those, but each to their own.
The picons work fine...it's an option to install and you can always change for your own

Page 1 of this thread says it has the Fraggle121 and Chababus Sky Skin are installed, but menu/setup/usage and gui/skin setup shows only a "sky.new" skin, and the epg settings are all to pot - the font sizes are too big making reading the program almost impossible.
Am I missing something?
Sky.New skin was the latest sky skin that Fraggle121 and Chababu produced. Am I missing something???? You must be using part of the epg I didn't realise existed as all the sizes are set that I know of - how did you get to the bit where it seems wrong (key presses please!)??

Update...
Just reset my box and now no encrypted channels clear.
Are you still using the c-line? If so did you reboot your router? Did you restart your cam? (BLUE, Softcam, Softcam manager?) first reboot with a cline always requires a cam restart.

Like a few on here have found, I too have an n line and tried the .list file in the keys folder and the .cfg file as well, and am now only getting free to air, with nothing bringing them back.
The file that was working is present, but when I press blue/softcam/softcam panel, there is no ECM info avail.
Look at the explanations above - this should resolve your probs!

And deep standby no longer works - I just get the spinning blue circle......
I give up.......suggestions anyone?
Must admit have never tried deep standby - I don't see the point as it stops the epg being updated just standby is fine

---------- Post Merged at 08:53 AM ----------

Originally Posted by TJ2013
Can you install Blue HD skin with this Image???
yes you can
GREEN (Plugins), GREEN (install), skins, there's loads to choose from here (y)

had my zgemma s2 about 3 weeks now and decided to use your image

really impressed keep up the good work

Wallzy

Great image but I'm struggling to figure out how to get all the channel numbers to be the same as Sly's again. For example Sly Sp News HQ is 1231

Hi guys, I like the image mtpockets, but I'm also having epg guide issues(font is to large) , channels missing info, bt sports are blank, I've done a epg update and still they aren't their, it did however fill some missing kids chanels.

On a side note, I see someone mentioned the Blue HD skin,where on gods green earth is this downloaded from as I'm really struggling.

Also I tried changing the epg to crossepg and it just crashes. Kudos to the current epg though, it's much better for series link type recording,which my mother struggles with on her box.

Thanks xenoletony.

Brilliant image mtpockets. Been using it a last few days and it the interface is nice, its very stable. Ive only had a crash once - one thing though is that picture quality on some of the non hd channels is pretty awful on mine. Watching sky sports 1 game and the quality of the pic is poor. The hd channels look great just something maybe in the settings for the standard channels?

Any advice on the best video settings to use?

I might be missing something on this but I'm wondering how come you have done an up to date backup on an earlier version of open atv and not done a build on the new 5.1 atv.

On a side note, I see someone mentioned the Blue HD skin,where on gods green earth is this downloaded from as I'm really struggling
Do a search for this "enigma2-plugin-skin-blue-hd-26.06.2014_all", extract the IPK file, copy it to the TMP directory on the box and load it via the plug-ins menu

Last edited:
I much prefer this backup
Lincsat ViX4E2 Image for ZGemma 2S really nice sky skin epg works great and bt interactive all setup and done worth a try if you don't agree with me you can reflash back

No disrespect to the others available Thanks for their time and effort

Great image but I'm struggling to figure out how to get all the channel numbers to be the same as Sly's again. For example Sly Sp News HQ is 1231

Channel numbers only correct when in the all channels bouquet.

---------- Post Merged at 08:28 AM ----------

I much prefer this backup
Lincsat ViX4E2 Image for ZGemma 2S really nice sky skin epg works great and bt interactive all setup and done worth a try if you don't agree with me you can reflash back

No disrespect to the others available Thanks for their time and effort

Good for you fella - it's nice to have a variety of images but this thread is for my ATV backup....why not start a new thread???? :bye:

Noticed a strange issue since flashing this new build, put box in standby at night and when I go to turn on in morning via remote nothing happens, need to turn button of at back then turn on, any ideas?

Hi mtpockets, is the font configuration something out of our control? I have tried messing with the EPG settings and can't seem to change its size in the main EPG button view?

Thanks xenoletony

Just a small noobie problem, where do I copy the picons file to?
I have a HDD for recording, so no usb in the box

is it /media/HDD?

Back