mtpockets OpenATV4.2 for Zgemma Star 2S 20150403

hi mtp,

thanks for the image, I have been playing about for a few hours.. I can flash the S2, and all is going fine until I try to initialise the USB pen drive..

I am getting an...

Error. e2fsck-b 8193 <device>
fsck.ext3: Bad Magic Number in Super-block wile trying to open /dev/sda

Now I have tried a number of USB sticks.. have low level formatted in HDDGuru.. and then full windows format.. so I don't believe its the sticks.. any ideas?

cheers

Apprenticed!
:whacko:lol:willy nilly:ROFL

---------- Post Merged at 11:47 PM ----------

hi mtp,

thanks for the image, I have been playing about for a few hours.. I can flash the S2, and all is going fine until I try to initialise the USB pen drive..

I am getting an...

Error. e2fsck-b 8193 <device>
fsck.ext3: Bad Magic Number in Super-block wile trying to open /dev/sda

Now I have tried a number of USB sticks.. have low level formatted in HDDGuru.. and then full windows format.. so I don't believe its the sticks.. any ideas?

cheers

I suspect you may be using an ebay special fake usb :whistling: hope I'm wrong.....

Try formatting from the box then convert ext3 to ext4....to do this.....

Blue button, scroll down to page two where you'll see hard disk, then go to intialise and once complete convert ext3 to ext4.

If no joy try a file system check - have never had to use it but it may have the option to repair your disk.

Hi mate thanks for the feedback.

the sticks I tried were generic, not eBay but non brand, except for the Kingston 64gb which no matter how formatted the box would not see.

i dropped the Sucmnsee image on and it went on without issue... So a little confused...

i have found the same same error on some forums where the suggested work around is to telnet the box and edit the addressing.. I may have to buy a second development box to play with, while I keep a working one up and running....

now I I have not done this sort of thing for decades, so am busy relearning the skills, but am finding the whole area deeply fascinating and a welcome distraction from the day job...

Hi guys, new to the forum, purchased a zGemma last week, loving it so far, running mtpockets openATV 4.2. Box came setup (thanks to a user on here) but i have been messing about with it including changing bootlogo so took kiddac's jpg and created the 3 .mvi files required, resolution is 1920x1080, place them the same directory usr/share (backdrop.mvi, bootlogo.mvi & bootlogo_wait.mvi) then do a restart.. Tried and tested on my own system and works fine.

View attachment 13673

Last edited:
Hi there, plugged the box in however can seem to do a sat setup its as if its not recognising the signal from the dish therefore unable to scan any channels etc

Hi there, plugged the box in however can seem to do a sat setup its as if its not recognising the signal from the dish therefore unable to scan any channels etc

Have you followed the instructions in the downloads section and flashed my backup image?

If so - check cables from dish are plugged in to top left and bottom right ports (ie on a diagonal) and check the cable connections. If you're still struggling post back. If you're not using my backup please start a new forum thread.

Hi guys, new to the forum, purchased a zGemma last week, loving it so far, running mtpockets openATV 4.2. Box came setup (thanks to a user on here) but i have been messing about with it including changing bootlogo so took kiddac's jpg and created the 3 .mvi files required, resolution is 1920x1080, place them the same directory usr/share (backdrop.mvi, bootlogo.mvi & bootlogo_wait.mvi) then do a restart.. Tried and tested on my own system and works fine.

View attachment 13673

Hi, thanks for adding that its quality, I almost want to flash this back up just for that lol

Although don't have a zgemma anymore.

I have put the file on but not included a cline yet. should I be able to view FTA channels? none are coming up in the channel search!!

is it possible to put a cline from an openbox onto the zgemma?? how would I do this??

I HAVE NOW FIXED THIS PROBLEM FROM PREVIOUS POSTS.....THANKS

Last edited:
Been using this for a week perfectly, but now it wont pick EPG data up for all non FTA channels. All sky premium channels have no data. Is there something i need to do to fix this?

Been using this for a week perfectly, but now it wont pick EPG data up for all non FTA channels. All sky premium channels have no data. Is there something i need to do to fix this?

Just guessing but are you switching the box off at the power on the night time? Just put in standby instead as box downloads updates to the epg from the internet very early in the morning. For some reason your box hasn't had updates to epg since you initially set it up. Make sure you followed all instructions that were posted with the download

Can anyone link a guide on what "lines" are? I have no problem flashing etc, but thinking it was as easy as flashing then scanning for channels I can't seem to get my box working.

Would really appreciate the help. Seems like a very helpful forum this site too.

Thanks

Nope, box stays on 24/7, not even on standby. I did a software upgrade and updated some programs and it came back and grabed all the EPG info not just FTA. So im guessing it was some sort of update that was needed.

Will this image/box accept a 1TB external USB hard drive?

Also will the box set up with only one SAT feed (one cable from dish)?

Thanks all

Will this image/box accept a 1TB external USB hard drive?

Also will the box set up with only one SAT feed (one cable from dish)?

Yes

Yes - but you need to change setting for whichever tuner you don't use to none - do this BEFORE doing step 4 of the after flashing instructions....Don't forget though with only one feed you can only record what you're watching

I need a bit of help I have bought a s2 box and I was told about your image mtpockets. the problem I have is that I cant download it any ideas why?

Back