mtpockets OpenATV4.2 for Zgemma Star 2S 20150403

seems like my cable line is in using mgcam but when I scan I get timeout for tuner lock , at least Im getting somewhere..

when you say copy one above the other , do i just drag therm into the usr/keys file and also do I delete the .example files or any others ..

as for changes , I just loaded the image and it came straight on to BBC1 , then I started trying to install lines .. your guide is brilliant but it still confuses me in some parts lol

cheers

Help lol......

I flashed Vix Hades sucmnsee backup last night and now want to try openatv but when I formatted the usb stick and put the mtpockets folder on it, it comes up with usb on front of box and then boots up??

try pressing front on/off switch just after it boots up

Help lol......

I flashed Vix Hades sucmnsee backup last night and now want to try openatv but when I formatted the usb stick and put the mtpockets folder on it, it comes up with usb on front of box and then boots up??

you mean let it say usb...... boot.... and as soon as it says boot press on/off switch or let it boot up properly then press on/off switch??

---------- Post Merged at 11:14 PM ----------

hold on.... it says flash atm, pressed it as soon as I turned box on

you mean let it say usb...... boot.... and as soon as it says boot press on/off switch or let it boot up properly then press on/off switch??

When it says USB press the front power button - it is in the instructions !! ROFL

Well done you got there then!! lol!

---------- Post Merged at 11:19 PM ----------

seems like my cable line is in using mgcam but when I scan I get timeout for tuner lock , at least Im getting somewhere..

when you say copy one above the other , do i just drag therm into the usr/keys file and also do I delete the .example files or any others ..

as for changes , I just loaded the image and it came straight on to BBC1 , then I started trying to install lines .. your guide is brilliant but it still confuses me in some parts

I meant if using CCcam - copy and paste your details into the existing CCcam.cfg file overwriting the dummy server example text! Sorry my english isn't too great especially at this time of night (well it isn't any time TBH!!! lol

Tuner lock normally indicates a tuner setup issue - is there anything in the H1/H2 section I may have missed, sorry not totally up to speed on cable.

Newbie here, I have ordered a Zgemma H1 for satellite it comes with openatv already on if I don't want to change this image and just want to add my line from my previous dreambox which died, how do I do this? Thanks in advance

Newbie here, I have ordered a Zgemma H1 for satellite it comes with openatv already on if I don't want to change this image and just want to add my line from my previous dreambox which died, how do I do this? Thanks in advance

The image that comes on the box is very old - I'd highly recommend as a noob you use a back up image, it will bring it bang up to date (latest version of linux base on this build) and save you all the hassle of doing it yourself from scratch. As far as your server details if you used DCC or filezilla to get your details across to your dreambox well it's just the same - get the ip address of your box and ftp the files across. Good Luck and Enjoy!

It's all in the Downloads section - Step by step instructions too. Good Luck and if you need any help let us know (y)

Hi mate thanks for ur image it is great! I have tweaked a few things and done a full backup my only problem now is that the file is 131,000,000 too big! What would be the easiest way to make it smaller thanks

Hi mate thanks for ur image it is great! I have tweaked a few things and done a full backup my only problem now is that the file is 131,000,000 too big! What would be the easiest way to make it smaller thanks

As RTR1879 says. Also remove any unused skins (especially Metrix it takes up a lot of room and will reinstall once backed up the next time you do an OTA update as it's now integral to ATV). Kodi and TS media plugins add up in terms of space too so decide on what's essential. The 120Mb limit is very restricting. I'm looking into ways around it but haven't found a way just yet.

Once you have a working backup please upload to TK...What's your base are you still using ATV or something else?

Hi Can anyone confirm that the issue with MP4's and streams not playing until a reboot is now solved with this image

Well I can.... it's if you trust me!! lol, yes have just been watching a previously downloaded film and then went to TSmedia and streamed without needing a reboot and all was ok. Occasionally mediaportal crashes and reboots the box but I think that's a fault of the mediaportal plugin in it's current state and not the build.....

will you be doing a ver 5.0 soon?

I'm working away for the next couple of weeks so not able to have any play time :( To be honest last time I looked ATV5.0 wasn't stable enough on the zgemma for my liking but that was some time ago. The one flaw in ATV is that the multi-boot plugin doesn't work. I tried Italysat and although multiboot worked I wasn't keen on Italysat as the base. I think next up will be VIX4 or Opendroid to try and if neither are good it could be ATV5.0

If I manage anything worth sharing I will of course upload here on TK....

amos4k - gratitude like that makes it all worth while thanks mate and glad you're enjoying it!(y)

(If you really like it please vote here too!!)

Back