OpenATV-5.1 + Slyk 1 HD Skin - Fast N' Loud - Backup Build

hi Thomas
thanks for image , I have the pre updated version running was all good, but today I have a issue, when I select favs, and go to a section e.g sports, movies, the programme info and time bar is missing,
if I click on the cannel( its slow to load the info) and then go back its populated, but when programmes change it goes again , the picons are there and the channel id , eg bbc1 etc etc
any suggestions what to try to correct? could it be something to do with the epg location on mu external hard drive ?
cheers dean.m

Hi Thomas, thanks for all your hard work in this community. I've currently got the latest version of your vix build installed and since I set it up for access outside of my own wifi it has started crashing and getting stuck in a reboot loop until turned off at the back of the box.

Is the performance the same on this build and will this openatv build sort my rebooting issue?

Cheers,
Andy

No problem you didn't annoy me I was giving you a solution to the bootloop issue I had it does look like it's down to the image been supported by the box I might have a go at openatv in the weekend to see if it makes a difference

my channels are behaving strange. Ive set up all the cams. done the scan and finally got it to pick up 930 odd channels and run autoboquets. My BT, Setanta, FTA all work fine. However when i click on and sly sports or any movies etc i get a blank screen with 0 on the signal bar?

I'm pulling my hair out as ive messing around with the transponders to finally pick the channels but now they dont show?

I've just flashed this, fired over my nline and started the cam....nothing is clearing. Any ideas? I did, for some reason, replace mg_cfg with one that was backed up on my pc from the vix succmnsee image - could it be that? how would I get back the mg_cam.cfg file from this build?

Same here had to go back to previous build but this happend with previous build too after i did a ota software update

installed this image today all looks verry nice but having problems with autobouquetmaker
i have a zgemma h1 full service scan finds all the channels on both tuners cable/sat no probbs
its when i run autobouquetmaker that i get a sat tuner locked error cable tuner scans fine
any ideas ?

I have lost all sky channels with this build , will be looking in to it today trying to fix, if you lost channels keep a eye on this post if I find a fix I will post ......

Thanks for the update - will be going back to the 4.2 open atv image for the mean time but good work on the image. I had a feeling it was something to do with with new 5.1 image as when i did a software update on my 4.2 exactly the same thing happened. Being a a relaitve newb i keep thinking its me doing something wrong and then spending ages trying to figure out why.

I've spent 5 hours today, trying to work out why my nline wasn't working on this box, believing that i'd sent it over via ftp correctly. So we're saying that isn't the case and it's a problem with openatv?

Right, back to vix :)

OpenATV 5.1 was fine until this week. No need to jump ship to the other side just yet. Just seems to be a problem on some update this week. on zgemma dot tv you can download builds going back a month. So if anyone has got time on their hands it might be worth investigation when the bug came in.

Just to confirm turning on DISCeQ fixes the problem.

Menu...Setup... Service Searching... Tuner Configuration.... Tuner A

Last edited:
I've just done turned on the DISCeQ setting and now i've lost all the bt channels! It's made things worse not better and it seems that reversing the setting can't restore them.

thank you once again guys. just rescanning now. I'm very new to all this, but experiencing so many problems with the box. Latest one tonight is that I can only ftp to the box once before it starts returning the following error:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Back