OpenATV-5.1 + Slyk 1 HD Skin - Fast N' Loud - Backup Build

Hi with this build my bouquets in openwedif are a bit messed up with extra ones like sky welt and austriasat is there any way to remove these to clean it up a bit?

filezilla but i've also tried flashfxp. Only solution is to reflash the box and start again.

Just rescanned the channels and still didn't bring back channels other than FTA so now re-flashing for the 9th time today lol

Its a good box, there just seems to be gremlins in the works, this week. There was another thread on here about the filezilla error, this possible kicks in if you try and restore settings of an older build onto a newer build. Maybe a reflash is best. Mtpockets openatv 4.2 seems reasonable stable, I think that is why he is hesitant to release a 5.1 version. 5.0 was buggy and it now seems a few updates on 5.1 are causing problems.

Yeah I started on mtpockets when I first got the box a couple of weeks ago, but found the performance to be much slower than fast and loud builds

I had a conversation with mtpockets a few weeks back about a 5.1 backup I've been working on. I've experimented with it lately and it's running really well and really fast. No bugs as yet, tried with both C and N lines. Just some bits I want to do with it before I upload. Interestingly I haven’t installed any updates and if I'm honest I don't intend to. It works just fine how it is :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I've been on 5.1 for weeks. Yes it's a bare bones build with no crap, but I have no problems what so ever until the software update I did last night. And my box is certainly taking a beating at the moment, as I'm pressing every menu and button known to man on it constantly while I am in the middle of this reskin.

This 5.1 image from Thomas is actually pretty good as well. Looks great with Kiddac's skin and runs quite well too. I Imported my backed up settings from the mt pockets 4.2 image into this and it was near perfect apart from the Sly channels not clearing yesterday. Now with the DISCeq fix having sorted that issue it - it looks and works very well. One i'll keep for myself as a working progress but i'd still would use my modded version of mt's 4.2 for my friends.

Last edited:
just flashed this build to test all channels and all is working OK.
just don't do system updates.

---------- Post Merged at 08:24 AM ----------

Last edited:
how are you guys setting up EPG? I've only got listings showing for a few channels, the rest are left empty. I've gone to plugins and then clicked crossepg and it looks like it's downloading epg but nothing changes.

Also been through the EPG settings and selected a new source for the XLMtv epg.

how are you guys setting up EPG? I've only got listings showing for a few channels, the rest are left empty. I've gone to plugins and then clicked crossepg and it looks like it's downloading epg but nothing changes.

Also been through the EPG settings and selected a new source for the XLMtv epg.

I had to delete crossepg alltogether as its no good for ATV. In xmltvimport make sure start import after booting is set to off or it'll re import after every reboot and epg info will be missing while doing it (takes 10 mins or so). Just set automatic start time for an hour before you get up and all channel info will be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My telly isn't 1080p so when i tried this it was just a black screen. Anyway around this? Except going to another tv and changing it.

P.s.it's a sony bravia.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Wow, if you're sure Thomas???? Thanks! Sure others would appreciate it too at least. Look forward to trying it again! ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

If you fancy a challenge try this: Reboot box, wait 5 minutes.
Press MENU - Down button 5 times - press OK button 3 times - Down button 2 times - Left button once - Green button.

Just tried on mine with screen off to test and it works! Leave a couple of seconds after each button press to be sure!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Back