Zgemma star 2s setup.

Husky77

Was wondering if the zgemma star 2s is simple or difficult to set up. Currently have skybox and am looking to upgrade to something with a better EPG and that auto updates the channel list.

Think I'll bite the bullet and invest in one , will probably be posting back looking for assistance from you guys .

i am look to go down the twin tuner road with this box as well couple of daft questions , i have read that are clone boxes as well as original how do i tell them apart and do i need to for firmware updates with say vix hades , and can i use my existing line ? , any help would be fab thanx guys

Vix classes zgemma as clone boxes and won't update if you try it will break the installation and need reflashing (check world-of-satalite.com for officially supported). Sucmnsee makes an unofficial version but you can't update it online.

OpenATV is fully supported however and can be updated online. (bob and Mtpockets also make a cracking backup file too).

Oh and yes you can use your existing line all you need to do is edit the file on the box with your details

The images do not to be updated every time a new 1 is released often its just a few tweaks I use the Vix image as its what i prefer To give you a clue I have the first release of the cloud ibox still working with the original image

Mate I managed the set up with no real trouble thanks to the good folk on here and I'm a novice so I'm sure you'll be fine ..

Yeh even supported images will cause you headaches from time to time if u always update.

---------- Post Merged at 08:36 PM ----------

Technically vix classed ibox as clones not zgemma. But as they have a chequered past vix wont support now.
There are no copies of zgemma boxs if thats what u mean so no need to worry.

Have to say, I've moved from an openbox to a zgemma and with the help of sucmnsee and tich I now have a TV sat system that works and I'm chuffed to bits, who knows in 12 months ????

I think ill be doing the same ,had a look at there website should be ok from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
Was reading this thread with interest. Ive had a SkyboxF5s for over a year, and set up a few for relatives n friends, but the constant channel moves are doing my head in and was looking at cheap alternatives.
From what I gather, if I bought a cheapo Zgemma Star 2s Twin tuner off ebay (£70 ish going rate), although vix classes it as a clone, by using the Vix Hades Zgemmastar 2s backup on it, all I need to then do is cut n paste my nline details into the relevant file and, well, thats it?
Is there anything to look out for? (ie are the ones on ebay effectively clones of clones etc?!)

Thanks in advance guys.

What about when new channels get added to Sky (eg the new BT Sport stuff) - how do these get added to the channel list?
I get it that it can track transponder moves for channels already on the lists, but no idea how new ones get added, thats all......

Back