Blade5000 Sw march 9991 version

Anyone who is having problems with EPG guide make sure your USB stick is super fast, i had mine on a cheapish usb and it was always locking up and rebooting so i downloded the EPG onto my harddisk and it works fine

New firmware seems much better and the box boots up much more quickly. My audio stream still goes out of sync after I watch a programme for a while. Anyone else having this?

I keep getting occasional picture glitches which I presume is something to do with the sly encryption and my server but unsure if it is a server issue or the blade box. Anyone else having any similar issues?

New firmware seems much better and the box boots up much more quickly. My audio stream still goes out of sync after I watch a programme for a while. Anyone else having this?

I get this occasionally as well, have to turn the channel over and back again to correct?

Few other niggles with the box maybe future firmware will fix?

You can adjust the contrast, brightness as Saturation from the box, why? Let the box pass the image through to the AVR or TV to allow the TV settings control the image colours.
EPG guide, I find it difficult to read the what is currently on because of the light grey colour used. When the room is bright this does not stand out to clearly enough.
To shedule a reminder for a a programme should be a one button operation why bring up another menu, a simple press of a colour button or OK would do?

Apart from that the box is a great bit of kit and easy to use and reliable.

Thanks for the latest firmware, great work. I get a few reboots when I changed the category from the EPG, but apart from that all seems good.

Im trying to upload my line details by USB with the config file worked with last update but says 'update fail press EXIT'

edit: sorted deleted the config file on usb then put it back on and worked

However im still having black screen problem on BBC News channel and CBBC channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I kept getting an "update fail" message when setting up a box once before, turned out to be a faulty USB stick

cheers - USB is fine managed to do it in the end just deleted orig file then put it on USB again and it worked

Updated last night got a 3.0 WD 500GB HD in the box. So far working great a little slow whilst scrolling down the channel list but I think that is due to the box trying to keep up with the 7day epg

There was a bug in the original firmware that caused problems when trying to move channels to a different category. I have flashed the new version and pleased to say all seems fine and no problems moving channels. I would be interested to know the purpose of the smaller file. Thanks Galaxy!

The small file is an upgrade to the original firmware already loaded.

The bigger file is a full flash from scratch.

How Can I Dowload the Latest Firmware for this please

download it from the first page in this thread, but if you are a new user on this forum then I think you have to make 9/10 posts before you can download anything but I'm not entirely sure about that you can ask one of the admins.

Hi hope someone can help me. I've just tried to sort the latest firmware, downloaded to my hard drive, image upgrade, the box re booted, but when I went to blade online the channel list page was blank any ideas? Would be very grateful cheers.

Had the blade a couple of months now had scrambled channels and the odd other glitch the epg not working well either. Should I do a full flash of new firmware. Is it the patched version with menu 9991 ? I assume I would need to input my line again via config file help advice much appreciated

Basically, flash the full firmware version, put your line back in.

Download a channel list from blade online with an "N" (new firmware)

Download the 7 day EPG from blade online if you have a USB stick or HDD connected

Back