Guide How to set up a Blade Media BM5000s

Thanks. I'll try that. It's very temperamental. Sometimes it works after channel updates and epg updates. Other times it doesn't.

Hi Macmain...I don't have the option to 'unzip', only 'extract'? Tried that but nothing goes on to the usb stick...don't understand and feel very thick. My Husband used to do all this, but he sadly passed away recently, so it's down to little old me.
Beck

Tis me again...I can download, move to usb, but when i put usb in blade box, the files don't show. This is doing my chuffing head in! HELP!!!!
Sorry for all this but it just doesn't make any sense to me at all. I've formatted usb and tried numerous times, it just won't work.
Beck

help!!

i have downloaded the config file, copied it to usb and tried to install it.

every time i try i get greeted with the message "update fail, press exit to exit"

any ideas??

I'm having the same trouble. Have tried to add both the cline and n line with #C: or #N: but everytime I try upgrading it's coming with a message "update fail, press exit to exit". Any help appreciated. I've tried quite a few times.

help!!

i have downloaded the config file, copied it to usb and tried to install it.

every time i try i get greeted with the message "update fail, press exit to exit"

any ideas??

I have changed the link to the firmware download, try formatting your pen drive and use the
link in the guide to take you to the Sept firmware.

Stuck trying to update a BM5000, I did a firmware update and can''t seem to input the 9991 code so WTF am I doing wrong??
if you updated the box from the official blade media website then 9991 will not work at all , you need to re-flash with third party firmware available from the downloads section on this forum

hi i am trying to upload .ssu file from usb drive, but it sa flash type match error. what shall i do?

---------- Post Merged at 01:47 AM ----------

hi i tried deleting the .ssu file and reloading it on usb but its still saying flash mismatch error

---------- Post Merged at 01:55 AM ----------

try deleting it form usb and putting it on there again

then press menu on remote - image upgrade/ image back up - click image upgrade - find it on usb and click on it
hi still the same

Really helpful, thanks

---------- Post Merged at 09:20 PM ----------

struggling to download it for some reason though

only problem I'm having now is with the config file. It's not showing on the usb stick when I plug it into the box. Does it need to be unzipped first?

No, make sure you have loaded the latest 9991 version
or your USB stick won't see the Config file.

Back