Motorised Dish

ok back to my dish,got the sat beeper buzzing like hell yet not getting signal showing on the sat box.When i did a calibrate snr was in the 80's yet i get no pictures

Just been messing again sent dish to 0.8 put sat finder on hitting 9 turn gain down and getting 5 slight adjustment and back to 9 did this a few times.Now on the signal part on the box showing not locked and no signal at all.Just can't understand getting strong signal on the meter but nothing inside

Just been messing again sent dish to 0.8 put sat finder on hitting 9 turn gain down and getting 5 slight adjustment and back to 9 did this a few times.Now on the signal part on the box showing not locked and no signal at all.Just can't understand getting strong signal on the meter but nothing inside
Looks like you have set up the dish correctly, take the cable out of the back of the receiver & try the sat finder there, if you get the same signal then the problem is either the receiver settings or the receiver itself.

Sorry what do you mean connect sat finder to the box
you should have a short piece of cable that you used to connect the sat finder between the lnb & existing cable, you could connect that to the back of the receiver & then to the satfinder & existing cable.
If you still have the dish set to 0.8 then try this first, go to the tp settings for the sky channels and add transponder 12415 v 27500 (Sky News Channel), if you get a signal then tune the channels in, then you could be sure that you are on the right satellite

you should have a short piece of cable that you used to connect the sat finder between the lnb & existing cable, you could connect that to the back of the receiver & then to the satfinder & existing cable.
If you still have the dish set to 0.8 then try this first, go to the tp settings for the sky channels and add transponder 12415 v 27500 (Sky News Channel), if you get a signal then tune the channels in, then you could be sure that you are on the right satellite
Take usals settings off first.

Ok done that meter only moves when I do a scan and shoots up to 8 then I get 10.Surely I'm not far off maybe zgemma hates these motorised may just buy a different box as all this is getting to me now

Last edited:
Ok done that meter only moves when I do a scan and shoots up to 8 then I get 10.Surely I'm not far off maybe zgemma hates these motorised may just buy a different box as all this is getting to me now
If you could get an Openbox v8s you could use my channel list, all you would need to do is enter your Lonitude & Latitude, if the dish was set up correctly you would have nothing else to do. even if you get the zgemma to work you would have hundreds of channels to sort out.

Ok having a day of tomorrow got a openbox v8s ordered be here by Saturday.Im praying I connect cables up and it's all set up and the zgemma was at fault

just a we update received my openbox v8s in the post loaded channel lists on which mike kindly sent to me,quick look and only 10% signal and 45%snr so need to make a few adjustments on the dish.Problem is its pissed it down all day yesturday and not stopped today so until we get some dry weather i can't have a tinker with it.But hopefully fingers crossed im not that far away now

I couldn't get my zgemma working with motorized either so I gave up in the end too and got a V8 Golden which is perfect now.

Ok getting somewhere slowly now receiving 28.2e getting signal intensity 90% signal quality was around 80%.

Moved to 1w and getting 45% intensity and 10% signal so something wrong somewhere

Back