Motorised Dish

Going through sats on 11/41 bade 4/5/6 intensity 88% signal 80% yet no channels showing some channels have 80% snr others 10% but no pictures

On sky uk watching itv it's showing snr 58%
Bbc1 is showing snr 78%

On badr 4/5/6 getting snr 81% but no picture

So badr is basically 28.2e

I've checked post extra with spirit level and that's bang on.Im wondering if the trees are the problem as just can't get a signal on Thor

Last edited:
Sounds like your dish is still not set correctly. Sounds like its too far west thats why your picking up 26e as 28e. If you go back to 0 and adjust it slightly east either manually or via motor contole you may see the signal improve.

hi guys, sorry for butting in but im new to the motorised set up and just wondering if anyone can help me.....im confused doh !!!!
when i put in my long and lat, long being -2.9239 and my lat 53.2745 what way do i put them in the zgemma h2h as in the settings it only has 000.000
on the lat and the same on the long.
would i be correct in putting long 002.93 west and 053.274 north in the reception settings ?
any help appreciated cheers

hi guys, sorry for butting in but im new to the motorised set up and just wondering if anyone can help me.....im confused doh !!!!
when i put in my long and lat, long being -2.9239 and my lat 53.2745 what way do i put them in the zgemma h2h as in the settings it only has 000.000
on the lat and the same on the long.
would i be correct in putting long 002.93 west and 053.274 north in the reception settings ?
any help appreciated cheers

I think you have it right kezzagrace, look back at post #164 in this thead page 10 and there is my long and lat which looks just like you are going to do.

Jobs finished for the day started from scratch as in put everything due south again.As my lad was moving the motor on the pole the bracket popped out and couldn't get it back,it's one there brackets with hole one side slit in the other side.So as he's trying to tighten it up keeps popping out so ended up taking dish down and will get my mate to come up and do it.Run out of time as need to get ready for work so hopefully try again tomorrow morning when my mate can come up.

Idea is move the motor on the pole to face south put the motor to zero and face that south and then send motor to 1w sat and hopefully be sorted.

This dish is going to be the death of me must be over 2 weeks now messing with this between other jobs

Ive upgraded my 2s to atv 6.0 and after inputting correct long and lat coordinates I was getting nothing! Was getting everything from 28.2 through to 13e before updating, then downgraded to atv 5.3 backup but was still getting nothing so after a few hours up and down the ladder can get 19.2, 16 & 13 but the only way I can get 28.2 is to move the elevation on the motor! Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Ive upgraded my 2s to atv 6.0 and after inputting correct long and lat coordinates I was getting nothing! Was getting everything from 28.2 through to 13e before updating, then downgraded to atv 5.3 backup but was still getting nothing so after a few hours up and down the ladder can get 19.2, 16 & 13 but the only way I can get 28.2 is to move the elevation on the motor! Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?
Sorry I don't know anything about these boxes, but you shouldn't move the elevation on the motor, this has to be kept to your exact elevation,
you should be adjusting the dish instead, put the motor back to the correct elevation, then adjust the dish up or down. Anyway if you got these Sats before then the problem is the receiver, try adjusting your Longtitude setting up or down on the receiver to see if it makes any difference.

Last edited:
Sorry I don't know anything about these boxes, but you shouldn't move the elevation on the motor, this has to be kept to your exact elevation, you should be adjusting the dish instead, put the motor back to the correct elevation, then adjust the dish up or down.
Anyway if you got these Sats before then the problem is the receiver, try adjusting your Longtitude setting up or down on the receiver to see if it makes any difference.
Thanks for the reply, I'll mabye hook up a f5s and see if it goes any better.

Been messing again today got dish back up,now put motor to 0 so motor plus dish both pointing south.When I send motor to 28 for sky the motor shows 30 so do I send motor manually to 28 or leave at 30 and adjust dish bracket to line up with sat

If you put the motor to 0 and lined it up with a compass on due south, smart phones have compasses. Then turn the dish to 0.8w and peak the signal on this sat. Find a free to air channel and get that to come through on 0.8w. We all use to use bbc world. I am not sure if thats fee to air now. I can check later on a free to air channel to use. You peak the signal on this sat as its the top of the arc for us here in the uk. After this once its peaked you would turn your dish a channel on 28.2e via the receiver and it will move the dish and it should be bang on the money. I suppose we make is sound easy but I have a few different sat meters.

I'm totally lost with it all now,tried every way possible my last attempt was turn of motor at the box i set everything due south manaully moved the motor to around 28 tuned it in got 77% signal yet no pictures or out.So i turned motor and usals on and i can't even get a signal now 28.2e turned it off still no signal.I turned it back on get a signal on badr get a few channels tried one next to it astra get a few channels with signal even get one channel sound but no picture.

So are you saying i put to zero then using compass move to 0.8 as it turning the dish on the bracket or send via motor to 0.8.

I have the alsat dark motor is there a way to find sats better as it seems to go up in 5's not single numbers

I'm truly giving up the will to live here now been on this 3 weeks i've had my mate and my lad up that ladder more than a window cleaner even there getting pissed off with me now

ok just been outside the house for last 20 mins taking down my big dish on 7w doing to set up a motorised dish and take some photos of how to do it for you. Its just starting to piss it down so I'll do as much as I can but I'm not going out in the rain.

Put the motor to 0 on the display, move it around on the pole until it's as due south as possible then move it to 0.8w then put a Thor 6 channel on your box and adjust until you get the best signal.

Put the motor to 0 on the display, move it around on the pole until it's as due south as possible then move it to 0.8w then put a Thor 6 channel on your box and adjust until you get the best signal.

Move to Thor 6 via buttons on the motor or via openbox

Move to Thor 6 via buttons on the motor or via openbox

Put a Thor 6 channel on the openbox then put the motor manually to 0.8w and adjust it on the pole until you get a picture... remember, just a tiny bit at a time.

Ok just set up my 80cm dish and motor so have some photos. I hope others don't mind me adding a little in if people think its confusing the situation please tell me.

I am assuming that you have a mounting bracket that is plum and your happy with it.

First I set up an old iss 80cm dish with black ultra lnb. See photo
Next I dug out an old tm2600 motor and drove the 0.
I set the motor with my longitude of 53 deg and mounted the motor to the pole

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 10.png
    ScreenHunter 10.png
    353.1 KB · Views: 88
  • ScreenHunter 11.png
    ScreenHunter 11.png
    681.6 KB · Views: 81
Next I put the dish onto the motor and then lined the whole dish and motor to due south. This shown in the photo as 180 deg on my watch. I tightened up the bolt semi tight and then turned the receiver on and choose aljazeer english on 0.8w which moved the dish to 0.8w.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 12.png
    ScreenHunter 12.png
    729.3 KB · Views: 81
  • ScreenHunter 13.png
    ScreenHunter 13.png
    433.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Once the dish had moved I had no pictures or signal on 0.8w so I then attached my signal meter to the dish and choose the frequency for aljazeer english on 12418v 28000 fec 7/8. I had choosen this channel earlier because its free to air. I needed to drop the elevation of dish and then the signal appeared. See photos. I peaked the dish for the best signal results and hey presto tv picture appeared and on turning the dish from 0.8 to 28e all ok and check 19e and 13e all ok. The only thing that really helped me is that I have a good quality signal meter as this has been a hobbie for a good few years.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 14.png
    ScreenHunter 14.png
    539.5 KB · Views: 97
  • ScreenHunter 16.png
    ScreenHunter 16.png
    460.3 KB · Views: 83
Top quality reveiw you've made it look so easy,like you say having a good meters a good thing.I have a shitty £10 meter I could be setting up on the wrong sat which I think happened the other day all my sky channels ended up on badr sat

Back