Motorised Dish

I took loads more better photos but he forum is very restricted on how big the files you can upload. I don't know how we can help any further. I know my first install was with a beep meter and i tore my hair out at first trying to work out what was wrong turns out I put e instead of w. Once i realised it was bang on.

You could put the photos in an album on a photo hosting site (eg photobucket) and leave it open for anyone to view and post a link here if you wanted. It's a long time since I've used anything like that so I dunno the exact ins and outs of it, but I know it's do-able.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to take and post the photos you have done, I'm trying to read up and digest as much as I can on this, without having to ask too many stupid questions haha.

Going to have one more go then that's it do I enter my long and lat before I start moving the dish around.Or do I set dish up for signal then enter them into my box.I have a feeling I may not get 0.8 as it seems to point at the trees

The motor needs to be driven to zero this can be done via the buttons on the bottom of the motor. This is how I zero'd mine, Motor and dish need to be as exact to south as possible this will mean less altering later. Disconnect the receiver once zero'd and then enter your long and lat into the receiver. Once dish is at south exactly then reconnect the receiver or turn it on and choose a channel on 0.8w such as aljazeera english and it should move the dish slightly to the west. Hopefully this should then give you a picture on the tv or a beep on your meter. You may need to lift or lower your dish to peak the signal or even move slightly left or right. You could always take your receiver out side with a portable tv so see if a picture appears on the screen. Other than that have you thought of setting up a tempory ground mount with something like a parrosol base and a scaff bar so you have an idea you can get 0.8w.

A very quick question how are you measuring due south? I downloaded a compass app last night and it was no where near accurate. Do you have a physical compass that you can check to south and double check it??​

Ok got the following with sky at 90% signal I guess I won't get a better signal

Hot bird 6/8/9 35% signal
Astra 1h/1k/1l 60%
Astra 3b and thor 72%
Badr 4/5/6 44%
Sky 90%
Eutelsat 36b 25%

90% is pretty good, so what happens when you turn the dish to other satellites? You may find that as you move away from 28e the signal may fall away so what you would need to do is work out how far out you are and just adjust is very slightly but I would not move it too far as you have been struggling.

You should get good signals on 13e as its a very strong sat. Try polesat spors hd and see what signal levels you get.

Some beams / transponders are stronger than others - you need to find the strongest beams / transponders for each sat and check your signals on those as the transponder you're currently locked onto on the other sats could be weak.

So if therecanyway to improve this at all,is it best to get a stronger signal on other sats or leave it now.Guess 90% on sky is best I'd get,don't mind losing signal strength on sky as I have zgemma connected to other dish if it helps on others

If you get the best signal strength you can on Thor then theoretically, all the other sats should fall into place. Make sure the LNB isn't scewed at all when it's at 0.

Scanning through Thor 3/5/6 1w getting no signal at all.Looking at where the lnb points it's going straight through trees in next doors garden.

Scanning through Thor 3/5/6 1w getting no signal at all.Looking at where the lnb points it's going straight through trees in next doors garden.
It's time to start the chain saw then!........ err .....I'll get me coat.

Use this site, put your postcode in there and it will tell you approx where each satellite direction is - there's also a line of site checker too which tells you how tall the obstacle can be before it affects line of sight.

http://www.dishpointer.com

Here's an idea of my line for 0.8 goes straight through some trees which are in the next doors garden.

Attachments

• IMG_3536.JPG
    IMG_3536.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 65
On another note I'm suprised you are picking up badr at 26e and not polsat on 13e. I just went through most of the sats all the way upto 53e and my dish seems spot on but on badr on france24 english which is supposed to be the strongest channel available I only get 45% with a 80cm dish.

Back