Motorised Dish

What would you suggest,can I download a list then bang on the box or do I scan for channels.Reading a site says to put dish to Thor 1w and set using that first,now I need to guess where that is so how would I no if my sat box hasn't got any channels turned in

Download the channel list onto your box then you don't need to scan for channels... tune the box into a channel on the Thor satellite then adjust your dish until you get a picture on the television through the box.

Use dishpointer.com to find out the general direction your dish will need pointing to.

Just an update got the dish on the wall took s while as we wanted to make sure it was right.

Anyone correct me here I put the motor on the 36 mark but what mark do I put the dish on,there's marks on the brackets.

We had s quick play around but had no joy at all.Having to use zgemma as skybox seems broke just getting an L flashing on it

If you have a look at the manual that came with the motor, there's a table at the back which tells you what you need to set the dish elevation at.

Mine wouldn't even move with the zgemma - I don't think it had enough power to drive a 1.1m dish.

I am not sure how scanning will work with the zgemma but I remember hearing something about Vhannibal satellite / channel list for them so look into that.... once you've got a list with channels programmed into the box, it should make it easier for aligning the dish.

Ok another day gone,tried getting a signal on Thor no joy.So went and bought a sat meter plus most cable replaced cable as wasn't getting power to the motor.Changed cable got power then went again so was getting mad now.We got power back set motor at 28 got sat meter up got signal and started to get fta then power lost again.

After further reading turns out zgemma 2s boxes have problems so moved cable to down stairs box h2.s got sly and motor now moves.Problem is now can't seem to pick up sats think I have settings correct in the box.

Looking at signal finder snr is only 54% 10.9 db am I right in thinking if we get this tweaked then we should pick up other sats.What sort of snr should I be looking at here I thought around 80.

Checked k&l brackets pole and there spot on level it's just this now but hopefully someone can confirm we are close

Yeah same issue as me with moving it as per my last post - it just kept cutting out with the zgemma so ended up getting a different box solely for use with the motorised dish.

Check dishpointer.com for your longtitude and latitude and input them into the box.

Your signal level and quality all depends on the individual circumstances and quality of equipment and size of dish used etc.

Have you got 54% on Thor? it's hard to pick up some beams without a 1m+ dish on this satellite as some of the beams are weak. - if you can get a decent signal on this and drive to 28.2 and get a good signal there then everything inbetween should be ok.

Have you got a channel list on the box? I would set the motor to 0 then align it as due south as I could then put co-ordinates in the zgemma then select thor satellite then adjust on the tk mount for best signal.

well im admitting defeat on this,brackets spot on,scaffold pole spot on motor facing south put motor on 0 dish pointing south no matter what we do we cant get it right.Im not even sleeping at night waking up thinking about this dish 3 days we've spent on it now and only thing i have to show for it was my sly channels have gone from my box and a few german channels god know how they got there.Last night i had my fta channels but today i have none

I got the majority of the way there before I gave up too and got an installer in to do the job but when he came, he noticed the dish was set at the wrong elevation as I used the elevation that I was given via the dishpointer website after putting my long and lat in the box but I should have used the chart in the back of the motors manual - If I had then I could have done it myself :grin:

three posts up is a picture of long and lats, I would set the motor via longitude as above so for where I am it should be round about 53%. Next attach the dish to the motor and take it should be kind of verticle. I recond around 37%. Take a look at your neightbours sky dish as a guide. it the dish is pointing way up in the air or down at the ground then its wrong.

my lats 54 we had the motor on 54 just looked at book says lat 54 elevation angle 36 declination angle 7.6 dish bracket angle 27.4.

So am I right instead of been 54 it needs to be 36,if it is I've just tried that moved dish up and down nothing

On my spare tm2600 motor I have just checked on one side it says latitude and on the other elevation, latitude would be 53 for me and that would match the chart above and on the other side is say elevation, so latitude of 53 or elevation of 37 for me.

Back