MTPockets OpenATV 4.2 2015/08/23 Zgemma Star 2S / 2 / H1 / H2 Backup4

Just about to dive in and give this a try, box was preloaded with an earlier version so thanks for that (y)

Hopefully I'll soon be updated safely :bye:

2. Most of my epg doesnt populate until I actually go into the channel, I think I've followed the settings correctly. Is there something I should look at??
Press GREEN, then RED, extensions and uninstall XMLTVIMPORTER and then do a software update (BLUE, Software manager, software update, once complete reboot) then reinstall XMLTVIMPORTER (GREEN, GREEN, extensions). This is quite an old backup now but still works fine if you do this...

You may also need to change the epg mode back to graphics - for some reason when you update the box it will change it to text mode to do this press EPG then MENU and scroll down to view mode and change from text to graphics and press GREEN to save - you might need to reboot to see the difference

ERRRMMM.... seem to have a problem. After uninstalling XLMTVIMPORT, the software update and doing the prompted reboot I noticed the sky channel I was watching wasnt showing anymore. Thinking it would come back I carried on with the re-installation of XLMTVIMPORT but when I pressed green a notice came up saying some plugins are not available; Extensions/Infopanel..... and Systemplugins/Softwaremanager..... I ok'd this and carried on installing XLMTVIMPORT. This finished but my sky channels still do not show. The epg shows the listing etc but the picture doesnt come on, plus the sound has stopped on the FTA channels I can get.
What happened????!!!

*UPDATE*
Got the channels back. Still having the same probs with the EPG not populating most of the channels though.
Shall try MT's advice again tonight.

*UPDATE*
Tried the uninstall/install of XMLTV but doesnt appear to have made much of a difference. Didnt lose my channels this time tho.

Edit 2: took a while of searching but I found it in the menu, setup if anyone else is having the same issue

Edit: OK so I am blind, this has been brought up before. I now know that I need to disable timeshift. However! I don't know how to...

Can anybody instruct me as to how I do this? (am I being blind again?)

I've had a scan through and can't see this mentioned (though I may just be going word blind, if it's come up before just direct me to it please). Everything was working fine, then it wasn't, wouldn't boot so re-flashed. I've done everything as I did before, followed the guide through multiple times but it won't allow me to mount the memory stick even though it did originally. I've tried re-formating it (the long way) to fat32 and I still get the exact same error message when I start up the box

'creating a hardink to timeshift file failed! The filesystem on your tmeshift-device does not support hardlinks. Make sure it is formatted to EXT2 or EXT3! [Ermo 1] Operation not permitted'

What am I doing wrong? Has the memory stick become faulty because it was working before?

Last edited:
Hi Everyone.I am setting up a zgemma 2s for a friend and need some help about n-lines.Does the line have to be multi room and does it need entering twice in the newcamd list i.e 1 for each tuner.I have set up a lot of the single tuner s but this is something new.Any help greatly appreciated

hi mate my epg data isnt working any ideas?

---------- Post Merged at 06:34 PM ----------

hi mate my epg data isnt working any ideas?

Simular but has vm logos instead, ill fish it out for you later

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Can you have a look for this for me please mate?

Apologies I've been busy, I put together some sort of instructions to go with it, from start to finish for people installing a skin for the first time (probably longer than it should be).

HERE IT IS

Any questions just ask

Also for those that dont know how to download:

click the text "virgin media skin.rar "

Last edited:
Hi,

I am new to this. Can someone please explain what the cline/nline is please?

Thank you

It is the line you buy from someone to get access to their server to watch all the channels. Usually you buy a line for 1 year and they give you a code. You put the code into your box.

For Vermin TV it is about £50 and for Sly TV it is about £25 i think per year.

Just want to say this is a great thread, being new to all this I've used it to get my box up and running even sorted epg issues out. thanks everyone!!!

Hi guys.. something weird is up.. I can't get my head around it but some how my sister managed to sit on the s2 remote and managed to delete all the channels apart from a few radio stations.. I've tried to scan for the channels and it does find them all but once i restart the box or turn it off I'm back to only seeing radio stations.. Oh just for a quick update I figured out why my EPG wasn't working or recording and rewinding live tv it was all down to my 32GB Kingston Data Traveler USB had just corrupt just by sitting in the back of the S2. Kingston are meant to be sending out a new USB because they said some of the model USB that i managed to buy was recorded to be known product for it.

Hi guys not sure if I'm in the right thread or not but if I download this for the h2, is it Already configured for VM and sly or do I need to use a different image?

Sorry I'm using a Zgemma h2. Thanks

Hi guys.. something weird is up.. I can't get my head around it but some how my sister managed to sit on the s2 remote and managed to delete all the channels apart from a few radio stations..

Just press TV on your remote :-)

---------- Post Merged at 09:19 AM ----------

Hi guys not sure if I'm in the right thread or not but if I download this for the h2, is it Already configured for VM and sly or do I need to use a different image?

You can use the same image but you need to make a few tweaks - unfortunately I'm not in a cable area so not sure how it's done but I'm fairly sure this has been covered in the H2 thread. First you'll need to change the tuner setup to do this press BLUE then go to Tuner Setup, Tuner Configuration and change the correct tuner to DVB-C....After that I'm afraid I can't help

Hi thanks for tye reply. Much appreciated, do I need to do this before flashing or after the flash? Thanks again

Back