New Skin Slyk 1 HD (aka bluehd2) Version 1 available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well pleased with everything I have looked at on new skin great job. I added the skin to a VU+zero ( no time display)

How did you get the epg tabs on latest V3?

I had them working on V2 but with new V3 and epg tabs files from Kiddac's dropbox i get a black screen on epg.

Cheers

Disappeared on mine

---------- Post Merged at 05:04 PM ----------

yeah I must have set it to default for now while I was testing, I am just testing putting the background colour choice in for the picons.

It will be back to no picon as default on proper release.

---------- Post Merged at 04:50 PM ----------

jymjym you need the vfdcontrol plugin for the clock display. (systemplugins) if on vix then you need to go into led display setup to activate it.

Just noticed one bug... please wait message doesn't disappear on remove plugins. grrrr

View attachment 15453

Disappeared on mine

Im not very clued on on editing stuff. Could you send me your edited file so i can copy and paste it please

no...

full instructions will be given in due course. If you don't know what your doing you are best to wait. These guys are just on a bug finding mission at the moment.

A new post will be written shortly and all new files and instructions will be placed in my dropbox folder.

---------- Post Merged at 05:08 PM ----------

i have opened extras.xml with notepad++, can you advise what i need to edit?

Thanks again

well for one if you have replaced the epglist.xml, you need to reinstall the skin as you have broke v3 doing that.

ok no worries.

Yes i have reinstalled skin to get all files back to original.

The extras.xml file seems to have instructions in so it seems self explanatory.

Thanks again

File edited as the instructions advised and copied back to folder. All working as before.

Thanks for the help, and great skin work

Last edited:
right i will let you lot carry on having a play with this version. I am just going to faff with a few things. Proper release (unknown bugs pending) will probably be about 8pm.

I need people to test all the vix menu options ( as I have been lazy and not installed vix for this version)

I need people to try all the extras options to see if they do as instructed - i have tested them so they should be fine.

All the network pages like opendns I haven't bothered realigning to the new templates as they are a pain in the bum and used very rarely. They still sit reasonable well as they are though.

Check all the menus

Download/remove plugins

Mount harddrive/usb

Create swap file.

Try the help button ( i have brought in the proper remote graphic for the zgemma and also the correct key positions - i don't know if this overrides the default arrow positions )

Try text and graphic epgs.

try movies...

blah blah blah

Last edited:
i was going to say i tested the vix screens last night and they were fine but backup manager has small white writing saying next backup over the delete text
backup manager.jpg
image manager doesn't have this text and i have two images backed up

---------- Post Merged at 05:29 PM ----------

i didn't even know about the help button but it looks ok if this is what it's supposed to look like
help button.jpg

didn;t even know about the help button?????

so how did you know what you can do on each screen. ha ha. There are better ways than trying every button. You read the help page ;)

---------- Post Merged at 05:35 PM ----------

Is there ever text written next to that next backup that you have noticed. Looking at google of another skin it just seems a bit random. I might just delete it, rather than moving it.

backup2.jpg

ha ha thats me the buttons are pretty self explanatory i learn from going straight in and playing around i'm the person where the womens reading the instructions and i'm going straight ahead with trial and error.

i've never noticed the text before but it does look pointless

Last edited:
ok the first infobar isnt showing again grrr
this is what i have edited

<!-- EPG (epg button)-->
<screen name="GraphicalEPGPIG" position="0,0" size="1280,720" backgroundColor="black" transparent="0" flags="wfNoBorder">
<panel name="GraphicalEPGPIG2"/>
</screen>

<!-- expanded EPG (epg button - TV hold) -->
<screen name="GraphicalEPG" position="0,0" size="1280,720" backgroundColor="black" transparent="0" flags="wfNoBorder">
<panel name="GraphicalEPG2"/>
</screen>

<!-- infobar - (ok button) -->
<!-- 1 = no icons - no ECM/orbital information -->
<!-- 2 = icons - no ECM/orbital information (default)-->
<!-- 3 = icons - ECM/orbital information -->

<screen name="InfoBar" flags="wfNoBorder" position="0,0" size="1280,720" title="InfoBar" backgroundColor="transparent">
<panel name="InfoBar3" />
</screen>

<screen name="SecondInfoBar" flags="wfNoBorder" size="1280,720" title="InfoBar" backgroundColor="transparent">
<panel name="SecondInfoBar3" />
</screen>

edit i have now changed <panel name="InfoBar3" /> to 2 this might be the issue because theres no way of getting the info on first infobar so maybe adding a text not to change this name will be good

Last edited:
ok the first infobar isnt showing again grrr
this is what i have edited

<!-- EPG (epg button)-->
<screen name="GraphicalEPGPIG" position="0,0" size="1280,720" backgroundColor="black" transparent="0" flags="wfNoBorder">
<panel name="GraphicalEPGPIG2"/>
</screen>

<!-- expanded EPG (epg button - TV hold) -->
<screen name="GraphicalEPG" position="0,0" size="1280,720" backgroundColor="black" transparent="0" flags="wfNoBorder">
<panel name="GraphicalEPG2"/>
</screen>

I set mine to 2 for first and 3 for second as I had to press info twice when both were set to 3. It works fine now

ok it seems to be confusing that section, so I will seperate them out to this

#########################################################################################################

<!-- infobar icons - (ok button) -->
<!-- 1 = no icons -->
<!-- 2 = icons (default) -->

<screen name="InfoBar" flags="wfNoBorder" position="0,0" size="1280,720" title="InfoBar" backgroundColor="transparent">
<panel name="InfoBar2" />
</screen>

#########################################################################################################

<!-- second info bar - ECM Info ( ok button twice ) -->
<!-- 1 = no icons - no ECM/orbital information -->
<!-- 2 = icons - no ECM/orbital information (default)-->
<!-- 3 = no icons - ECM/orbital information -->
<!-- 4 = icons - ECM/orbital information -->

<screen name="SecondInfoBar" flags="wfNoBorder" size="1280,720" title="InfoBar" backgroundColor="transparent">
<panel name="SecondInfoBar2" />
</screen>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back