Starview Robbers

the amount of sv7 selling on fleabay used starting at 0.99 bid plenty of doorstops for sale,poor mugs buying them ......

At 99p their pretty good value for electronics parts salvage. The tuners/demodulators especially can be used for some fairly interesting stuff ;)

does anyone know what the lastest news is with starview I seem to have a problem getting on there site, think I may be banned, ha ha.
had a arguement with that ospreychick and then jake stuck his nose in and I was gone. Wish I would of swore at the little prick now. I know you guys don't like starview but any help would be grateful. Thanks.

at this point i dont think there is any point going to their site.how many times do you have to be kicked in the nuts before you say owww?

how many times have we said dump them,its a big con nothing has changed or will change,start reading the posts,every forum out there warns you to keep away but theirs why because they want your money again.

they wont tell the truth over there as you now believe and all negative feedback gets deleted and poster banned

Last edited:
it's ok saying dump them but some of us can not afford other boxes, my box is on just have not got most of the channels.
I was told to look at a raspberry ( not the food lol ) because that's not dear but not a clue what they was on about and also something
called xbmc , any ideas anyone or do I need to ask this somewhere else on here.

From what i,ve been told the raspberry pi is basically a mini computer that can be converted to stream media (xbmc). Although they are very cheap maybe £30 or so, plus other cables to suit, your not gonna get the sort of things you had on sv.
To be blunt buddy i would dump sv its finished and i know its costly to change to another box but how many subs you gonna throw sv,s way to get nothing in return?

The Raspberry Pi is a computer the size of a deck of playing cards. With your television as a monitor, you can use it like a desktop computer to browse the web, it plays HD video too, so you can also use it as a media centre. But what it is really designed for is computer programming, the OS includes Python and Scratch programming environments which allow users to learn and improve their programming skills. The board has GPIO pins that can be connected to a variety electronic modules, sensors, motors or other control systems and software can be created to perform tasks.

Last edited:
well I have until June with them so hope the channels come back, ( looking unlikely ). Can that xbmc be put on a laptop.

xbmc can be put on a laptop but u also need add ons people seems to think u get the sly movie chans etc well u dont,i find it better to just download what u want to watch and be done with it.

Raspberry ???

Are you sure ??

These are the little devices they are using
in schools to teach the kids about computer programming.

This should be in another thread as we are getting off topic, however, the raspberry is capable of running xbmc (which is basically a media server) but it takes some modification to be able to process a lot of media files as it just does not have the power stock.

i said i would grab theses before they have time to delete them from their forum as they are getting very good at that over there if they dont like the post they delete it from the chat box and the forum just in case anyone new sees it or reads it.

Why won't sv give me a refund

Unread postby k_cain » 06 Jan 2013, 16:19
I been asking for a refund now for 2week cos I sick of waiting for my box to come back on (5weeks). I emailed sv countless times for a refund and get no reply. Robbers!!!

Re: Why won't sv give me a refund

Unread postby jayz2k9 » 06 Jan 2013, 20:00
This subject will be deleted by tomorrow.

Just bite the bullet and move on mate, i did until i atleast see some improvement...

Unread postby royston » 06 Jan 2013, 22:39

k_cain wrote:I been asking for a refund now for 2week cos I sick of waiting for my box to come back on (5weeks). I emailed sv countless times for a refund and get no reply. Robbers!!!

iam the same emailed 6 times

royston

Unread postby leextc » 07 Jan 2013, 00:21
Because starview longer exits & any truth gets deleted from here.

i grabbed theses last night before they had time to delete them just as well as they have now been removed whats new i suppose lol

Why won't sv give me a refund

Unread postby k_cain » 06 Jan 2013, 16:19
I been asking for a refund now for 2week cos I sick of waiting for my box to come back on (5weeks). I emailed sv countless times for a refund and get no reply. Robbers!!!

Unread postby jayz2k9 » 06 Jan 2013, 20:00
This subject will be deleted by tomorrow.

Just bite the bullet and move on mate, i did until i atleast see some improvement...

Unread postby royston » 06 Jan 2013, 22:39

k_cain wrote:I been asking for a refund now for 2week cos I sick of waiting for my box to come back on (5weeks). I emailed sv countless times for a refund and get no reply. Robbers!!!

iam the same emailed 6 times

royston

Unread postby leextc » 07 Jan 2013, 00:21
Because starview longer exits & any truth gets deleted from here.

WELL JAKE AND WILLO YA CANT REMOVE THEM FROM HERE SO THEY WILL STILL BE SEEN HERE AND ON GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE lol

more happy customers or should i say unhappy

Re: Direct Refunds From Starview (box1969)

Unread postby pkh911 » 01 Jan 2013, 13:56
Hi I paid by card and got a few emails. which came through very quickly, however after paying for a 6 month subscription before xmas, STILL no service. No reply to emails either I guess he had a great xmas B*****d

Re: Direct Refunds From Starview (box1969)

Unread postby blackmamba » 07 Jan 2013, 21:19
Has anyone who has paid through the new system got their box working? I have no confidence in paying for a additional sub for it not to work when their is no way of contacting to complain.

Now they are asking people to have paid and not been activated, feel sorry for the paypal people

MEMBERS WAITING TO BE ACTIVATED...USING WORLDPAY

Postby jake » 07 Jan 2013, 21:51
RIGHT I NEED USER NAMES
how many boxes you are waiting on to be reconnected
please add date u paid
using new payment system worldpay
senior mod

WAITING TO BE ACTIVATED
Postby poppy2529 » 07 Jan 2013, 21:57
I paid on the 2nd of december with worldpay if can ive sent a copy of payment to the hotmail address my box is 0422D1 if u can help

MEMBERS WAITING TO BE ACTIVATED
Postby tontoe » 07 Jan 2013, 21:59
i have 1 box i paid 09/25/2012 for 6 months.

was this using payworld not paypal

Re: MEMBERS WAITING TO BE ACTIVATED

Postby butch79 » 07 Jan 2013, 22:02
1 box payed 09/23/2012

was this using payworld not paypal

Re: MEMBERS WAITING TO BE ACTIVATED...USING WORLDPAY

Postby glover » 07 Jan 2013, 22:13
Hi, I paid on 8th Dec, box 1041d8c, world pay card conformation 2474453690, £60 for 1 years subscription. Thanks.

Re: MEMBERS WAITING TO BE ACTIVATED...USING WORLDPAY

Postby mauri67 » 08 Jan 2013, 00:23
27/Nov/2012
> Sale value: GBP 35.00
> Description: 6 Months Subscription to Forum my box number 0410D1 thank you

ARE THESE PEOPLE EVER GOING TO COP ON OR DO THEY LIVE IN A BUNGLOWlol

Raspberry ???

Are you sure ??

These are the little devices they are using
in schools to teach the kids about computer programming.

They may be little but they pack quite a punch. Probably equal in PC processing terms to something like a 600Mhz Celeron. They run linux pretty well and (with some fiddling) will interface to quite a range of USB based dvb sticks. I've had one running as a front end media box without much problem.

Although it works, its not something i'd recommend though. There are plenty of cheap 2nd hand PC's that are very much more suited to the task of being converted into a media centre.

Back