mtpockets OpenATV4.2 for Zgemma Star 2S 20150403

upload picons folder to box/hard drive.
Menu
Setup
System
Epg
graphical infobar epg settings.
change service title mode to picon and service name.
then graphical epg settings.
change service title mode to picon and service name.
Exit to system
Then channel selection settings.
show picons In service list. Change to yes
May have to reboot.

OMG HELP!!!

Just tried to flash this image and my box display goes from flash to boot repeatedly!

Now my box won't boot... have I killed it??

:(

rsnw25624 - Try downloading again - format your flash drive using full fat32 (not just a quick format), loads have used this build and there's no problems with it....you have got a Zgemma-Star 2S haven't you???

rsnw25624 - Try downloading again - format your flash drive using full fat32 (not just a quick format), loads have used this build and there's no problems with it....you have got a Zgemma-Star 2S haven't you???

I've flashed my box before. no problem. Now all I get is the red light, no boot notification!

I was going to try and download the bootloader from zgemma.tv but I've not been able to get on their site all day...

Try with a different flash drive - the zgemma box corrupts the MBR and if not formatted properly (which is a right pain to do in windows) they won't flash properly.

Try with a different flash drive - the zgemma box corrupts the MBR and if not formatted properly (which is a right pain to do in windows) they won't flash properly.

I've tried 4 different flash drives all formatted to fat32 just like I have in the past when I have flashed the box... No joy yet but I'll keep trying :(

Update...All I get is the yellow network light on and the green flashing even though there's no network cable connected...

Last edited:
looks as though official support website now at .com instead of .tv

Don't think your problem is related to this build but not heard of symptoms like that so sorry not of much help to you......

---------- Post Merged at 06:49 PM ----------

you could also try renaming noforce to force....

looks as though official support website now at .com instead of .tv

Don't think your problem is related to this build but not heard of symptoms like that so sorry not of much help to you......

---------- Post Merged at 06:49 PM ----------

you could also try renaming noforce to force....

No bootloader at zgemma.com...

Tried...dead...

Not a happy bunny... :(

Never heard of one having a bad flash yet... Perhaps post on the dot com site and see if anyone from airsat can help

I'm using this image for a while then ime getting no volume some channels any ideas

Not come across this personally, have you tried pressing the audio button on the remote and changing to the alternative audio carrier?

If you don't normally leave your box on overnight, do it every now and then as the build is set to rescan channels as well as the epg update.

Thanks for the great work ... much appriciated

---------- Post Merged at 04:58 PM ----------

I have just got my S2 and I am trying to install the image, I take it you just put it on a flash drive and press the power button when it says USB ?

It is a bit of a jump coming from an SKYBOX F5 :)

I have just got my S2 and I am trying to install the image, I take it you just put it on a flash drive and press the power button when it says USB ?

Yes that's right - the rest of the instructions are in the Download section. If you get stuck just ask. Good Luck!

i have flashed my box with atv after flashing finnished the box just went into standby, so i rebooted and it showed the splash screen but then just went back on standbye and i can do nothing with the box any help please

---------- Post Merged at 09:36 PM ----------

ive reflashed with vix and all is working now so i think i will leave it alone while it is :P

looks good

I'm looking to move the line to the box using dcc in newcamd format

If you wish you can put an n-line into CCcam.cfg, probably much easier as already setup. I've just tried an n-line both via mgcamd1.38 (using newcamd.list) and cia CCcam.cfg and it doesn't make any difference.....If anything the nline runs better in CCcam.cfg!!

I take it you have the IP of the box? And you can ftp to it (use filezilla or DCC)

Go to /usr/keys/

Create a file called there called CCcam.cfg in notepad (note it is case sensitive two capital C's then the lower case in the filename), in this file enter your line details - If your currently using newcamd replace the CWS = server with N:

eg:

N: server port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Save the file. Press Blue, Softcam, Softcam Panel and Green then exit out, you may need to restart your box.

If you really must use mgcamd......

Green, Red, Softcams, Uninstall CCcam 2.30 confirm and exit once done.

then.....

Green, Green, Softcams, Install newcamd 1.38

Then put your n-line details into a file called newcamd.list and copy this along with mg_cfg to /usr/keys/ using your ftp software.
(example newcamd.list and mg_cfg files have been made available in the downloads section by Sucmnsee)

Once your files have been ftp'd over to the box....

Blue,Softcam, Softcam Panel, press the right direction button until use see mgcamd displayed next to softcam1, then press green. You may need to reboot the box.
downloading now

just installed and finally got my new box working! :grin: one slight problem is that selecting reboot through the remote dosent work just freezes and dosent actually knock off the box, and is there an easy way to rearrange channels? thanks

Back