Zgemma epg

Mtpox you called it right for me!! I'm pretty sure it was the coax for me. It was late last night but I started messing round the back of the box and I can't be sure but the tuner A connection might have actually been in lnb in rather than tuner A. Tuner a and tuner b are the two bottom connections on the back for anyone else. Woke up this AM to a full EPG.

thanks everyone for your advice

Mtpox you called it right for me!! I'm pretty sure it was the coax for me. It was late last night but I started messing round the back of the box and I can't be sure but the tuner A connection might have actually been in lnb in rather than tuner A. Tuner a and tuner b are the two bottom connections on the back for anyone else. Woke up this AM to a full EPG.

thanks everyone for your advice

I have to disagree with you here, Tuner B connection is the top connection, the bottom connection is the loop out

Not showing all the listings - newbie

I was having EPG issues, some blank listings no matter how many updates I did, and the EPG update process itself would take well over an hour to complete, I then found the attached document on another forum, changed my settings and wow what a difference, turn off all other XMLTV etc and just use the OPENTV provider, downloads in less than 5 minutes and navigation within the EPG is much quicker too.

still struggling

I gave it another run through on atv but still get same issue, reading titles stops at 488kb, reading summaries stops at 1.93 mb that doesn't happen with vix so definitely not a tuner issue for me.

Maybe not for you gibblets - i didn't know you'd tried my image or had problems with it so didn't get the opportunity to help you get sorted, however I'm glad you have managed to get a build that works for you. The fact that the only change marknewham made was to effectively disconnect one of the feeds does suggest his problem lies either with the tuner configuration or the feed cables. I'd like to help him get it sorted as he wishes to stay with an official build. Others have managed so we need to work out what's different that's all.

Wasn't being funny about it mt, the fact that it stops reading at the points it does sort of indicates something is conflicting as opposed to the signal. Appreciate the work you put into your build and the guide you did it was really helpful, might be one of those things that works it's way out of the system as they update the builds.

No worries gibblets, it isn't a reading problem that mark is having though..... Your issue sounds different unless I've misunderstood??

going from another thread he was in he did have the same issues as me I wonder if it is a case where if you let it update overnight it would work and just has a problem doing it on demand. Funny one I might have a go at setting up atv from scratch one day if I'm feeling brave.

I'm not at home but I've just been looking at images of the back of the box and i'm sure i have my tuner b in the loop out at the moment rather than the top one but epg updated which is a little strange as it clearly isnt set up properly. I'll confirm later....

Last edited:
8 to go down. 2 to go up

Thanks! I've got another question, I'll try and explain this the best I can..

Say If I had gone into the guide and selected the 'Entertainment' bouquet is there anyway of returning to the list of bouquets because currently when I press return/exit it returns to the program I had previously ben watching.

No u just press exit and epg again.

What woul solve what u want may be stay in "all channels"

That way you can go through everything in one bouquet. But might not suit

Ye Its probably what I'm going to do thinking about it, It was more me being picky whilst I'm browsing through the channels as I eat my tea.

Lets be honest if this is my only issue, then I'm sure I can live with it :)

Hi boobishabang, how exactly does one disable xmltv, in my list there are 4 providers but none are ticked. only thing ticked on any of my lists is "SKY UK OPEN TV Astra2 28.2" * CrossEPG starts to download and stops at 488kb for about 5 mins * then is says "reading summaries" and read goes from 0 up to 1.94 mb and stays like that for about 10 mins * then it goes back to the crossEPG default screen. * when I exit out and restart the box - there is no EPG info loaded at all! both Tuners attached and set to simple astra 28 configuration. I have tried it with one connected to each tuner also but it still does not work, I have 3 of these boxes and it is the same on each of them, I also did an complete software update on one of the boxes and it still does not work on that one. Is there any alternative to cross EPG? - I dont think it is going to work with these boxes. (thanks in advance for your help)

Hi, did anybody resolve this? As got the exact same issue stops at 488kb then eventually reads to 1.94mb then eventually exits with only the free channels EPG populated. Spent hours last night trying to get it to work.

Back